This 10 minute easy and healthy hummus made with yogurt instead of tahini, as well as being Weight Watchers friendly at only 1 smart point per serving!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6-8 sprigs fresh cilantro depending on your taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas drained *garbanzo beans), reserve 3 tbsp liquid from chickpeas
In food processor, add all ingredients and process until smooth.
Add reserved liquid from chickpeas as needed, until you achieve the desired texture (I usually add about 1 tbsp)
Add additional cilantro and sprinkle a little crushed red pepper to garnish
Makes 2 cups
*Note: Cilantro is sold in bunches of several stems with side branches. If you pull out one stem with all the side branches, then pinch off one of the side branches with 3 or 4 leaves, that's a sprig. If you find the flavor isn't strong enough, add more sprigs until it's at the level you like.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 275IU6%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 60mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.1mg