This Healthy and Easy Yogurt Hummus is one of my favorite dips to serve on game day, game night, movie night, New Year's eve or party. In fact, this is the best hummus I have ever had and it's actually adapted from a Weight Watchers cookbook recipe.
It only takes 10 minutes to throw together so it's perfect for prepping during busy holiday times. And if you're following the Weight Watchers Program this is a great hummus dip @ 0 (Zero) Points on the blue plan!
Most hummus recipes call for tahini, but this one uses yogurt instead, giving it that welcome tangy flavor boost and cutting the calories and WW points. You can use regular or Greek yogurt, but I find the Greek yogurt adds a welcome richness and it can be thinned down (if you don't like it as thick) with a bit of reserved liquid from the chickpeas or additional lemon juice. Lots of garlic, fresh lemon juice and cilantro gives it a fresh taste and the crushed red pepper gives it a little kick!
🥗 What to serve with hummus?
I love to serve hummus with mini pitas, veggies or even low-fat baked pretzels! This Weight Watchers appetizer is also an excellent side for a bowl of soup or salad. I often pack it along for lunch or a snack.
How long does hummus last?
Refrigerate in an air tight container and try use up your hummus in 3-4 days. However, it should be good until the best before date on your container of Greek yogurt.
🌡️Can I freeze hummus?
No - do not do this; it would destroy the texture.
So, if you are looking for a delicious and healthy dip, give this Weight Watchers hummus with yogurt a try!
My Amazon recommendations (affiliate links)
Healthy Yogurt Hummus Recipe
- food processor
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas drained *garbanzo beans), reserve 3 tbsp liquid from chickpeas
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic (depending on your preference)
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt (0%)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice * add more to your preference
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt *add more to your preference
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- 6-8 sprigs fresh cilantro depending on your preference
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- additional cilantro
- additional crushed red pepper flakes
- Drain chickpeas, reserving ¼ cup liquid.
- In food processor, add drained chickpeas all ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add reserved liquid from chickpeas as needed, until you achieve the desired texture.
- Add additional cilantro and sprinkle a little crushed red pepper to garnish and serve with veggies, pita bread or pretzels.