This is one of my favourite dips to serve on New Year’s eve or at any holiday party. In fact, this is the best hummus I have ever had and it’s actually adapted from a Weight Watchers cookbook recipe.
*THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS (See Disclosure Policy)
It only takes 10 minutes to throw together so it’s perfect for prepping during busy holiday times. If you’re following the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program this is a great dip!
Most hummus recipes call for tahini, but this one uses yogurt instead, giving it that welcome tangy flavour boost. It makes a great appetizer/snack and you can serve it with veggies, pretzel rounds or pretzel crackers. I often take this chickpea dip to work with some pretzel crackers or baby carrots. It also makes a great healthy movie night snack!
This gluten-free hummus is also an excellent side for a bowl of soup or salad. So, if you are looking for a delicious and healthy dip, give this Weight Watchers hummus recipe with yogurt a try!
TERRI’S AMAZON PICK:
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B00LBZOYAK” locale=”US” src=”https://foodmeanderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/410l2B6ixocL.SL160.jpg” tag=”foodmea-20″ width=”160″][easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B00LBZOYAK” key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”foodmea-20″][easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B00PFRYQTO” locale=”US” src=”https://foodmeanderings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/41df0sI3aUL.SL160.jpg” tag=”foodmea-20″ width=”160″][easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B00PFRYQTO” key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”foodmea-20″]
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6-8 sprigs fresh cilantro depending on your taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas drained *garbanzo beans), reserve 3 tbsp liquid from chickpeas
- In food processor, add all ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add reserved liquid from chickpeas as needed, until you achieve the desired texture (I usually add about 1 tbsp)
- Add additional cilantro and sprinkle a little crushed red pepper to garnish
- Makes 2 cups