I'm a little crazy about buffalo chicken stuff and if you are too, you will love this WW friendly, easy and healthy version of Buffalo Chicken Dip! But what you'll love most is that it's super quick and easy to make with canned chicken breast, right on your stove top!
And it's only 2 WW blue smart points per ¼ cup!
When I have a craving for something (and buffalo chicken is a pretty common craving) I want it now and I generally don't have time for the really involved prep that most recipes require. That's why I used canned chicken in this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip. That way there is no pre-cooking chicken breast or even buying and chopping up a rotisserie chicken. And you can't even tell the difference between the canned and fresh once it's mixed in the dip! Nor do you have to haul out the slow cooker or heat up the oven (which is perfect for summertime munching!)
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with fat-free cream cheese and it still tastes as rich, creamy and delicious as the dip made with regular cream cheese. You can't even tell it's a Weight Watchers Dip so you could easily serve it to your non Weight Watchers friends and family and not say a thing.
This dip makes a great game day/tailgating dip and is perfect for movie night munching! Although, I've been known to whip it up on a whim for a quick snack because it's so fast to make and I have all the ingredients in my fridge and pantry!
- canned chicken breast
- fat free or low-fat cream cheese
- Ranch dressing mix (dry mix) * I use Hidden Valley
- Buffalo wing sauce * I just Frank's Red Hot Sauce
🥫Is canned chicken healthy?
Canned chicken is not only easy and convenient, it's healthy! And it's a great alternative to chicken breast, especially if you're following the Weight Watchers program. Canned chicken, packaged in water, is skinless, fully cooked, and contains white meat, dark meat, or a combination of both. It requires little preparation (simply drain) and is packaged in smaller quantities so leftovers aren’t as common. Canned chicken is not only a good source of protein but also vitamins, and minerals such as:
- Zinc: Promotes a healthy immune system and aids in healing.
- Vitamin B-12: Helps the body make energy and keeps the brain and blood cells healthy.
- Potassium: Regulates blood pressure and helps your muscles to move including your heart
- Magnesium: Helps the body produce energy, build bones, and keep blood sugar and blood pressure
levels within a healthy range.
- You can read more about canned chicken breast HERE.
Best tasting canned chicken: You can find out which are the best tasting canned chicken brands HERE.
🥗 What to serve with Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Dip
- vegetables- carrot sticks, baby carrot, celery, cucumbers
- water crackers
- WW nacho chips
Store: You can keep this dip in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat on the stove top, on low, until cream cheese is melted. *Do NOT microwave
So if you are a buffalo chicken fan looking for a quick and easy dip that's Weight Watchers friendly, give this one a try!
And be sure to check out my other WW friendly buffalo chicken recipes below and my big selection of other Weight Watchers Recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
📋 Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 142 g can of chicken breast, drained
- ¾ cup fat-free cream cheese * Or use low-fat if you can't find fat free
- 28 g -packet of dry Ranch dressing mix * I use Hidden Valley
- ⅓ cup Buffalo sauce * I use Franks's Red hot buffalo wing sauce
- Pour everything into a small pot.
- Cook over medium-low heat on the stove top until cream cheese melts and its heated through. Serve.