I'm a little crazy about buffalo chicken stuff and if you are too, you will love this WW friendly, easy and healthy version of Buffalo Chicken Dip! But what you'll love most is that it's super quick, easy and delicious recipe to make with canned chicken breast, right on your stove top. It's one of my favorite appetizers!
When I have a craving for something (and buffalo chicken is a pretty common craving) I want it now and I generally don't have time for the really involved prep that most recipes require. That's why I used canned chicken in this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip. That way there is no pre-cooking chicken breast or even buying and chopping up a rotisserie chicken. It's Weight Watchers friendly @ 2 WW points on my plan, but you can click HERE to find out how many WW points it is on your plan!
And you can't even tell the difference between the canned and fresh once it's mixed in the dip! Nor do you have to haul out the slow cooker or heat up the oven (which is perfect for summertime munching!)
I love buffalo chicken so much I created this Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Pizza Bites, No Cook Buffalo Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Skinny Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks and these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers!
This Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with fat-free cream cheese and it still tastes as rich, creamy and delicious as the dip made with regular cream cheese. Because it has such a creamy texture, you can't even tell it's a Weight Watchers Dip. You could easily serve it to your non Weight Watchers friends and family, not say a thing and no one would ever suspect!
This low calorie buffalo chicken dip makes a great game day or tailgating dip and is perfect for movie night munching! Although, I've been known to whip it up on a whim for a quick snack because it's so fast to make and I have all the ingredients in my fridge and pantry!
For this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe, you'll need:
- canned chicken breast
- fat free or low-fat cream cheese
- Ranch dressing mix (dry mix) * I use Hidden Valley
- Buffalo wings sauce * I just Frank's Red Hot Sauce
🥫Is canned chicken healthy?
Canned chicken is not only easy and convenient, it's healthy! And it's a great alternative to chicken breast, especially if you're following the Weight Watchers program. Canned chicken, packaged in water, is skinless, fully cooked, and contains white meat, dark meat, or a combination of both. It requires little preparation (simply drain) and is packaged in smaller quantities so leftovers aren’t as common. Canned chicken is not only a good source of protein but also vitamins, and minerals such as:
- Zinc: Promotes a healthy immune system and aids in healing.
- Vitamin B-12: Helps the body make energy and keeps the brain and blood cells healthy.
- Potassium: Regulates blood pressure and helps your muscles to move including your heart
- Magnesium: Helps the body produce energy, build bones, and keep blood sugar and blood pressure
levels within a healthy range.
Best tasting canned chicken: You can find out which are the best tasting canned chicken brands HERE.
If you're looking for easy canned chicken recipes, you'll love this one! Also be sure to try my Buffalo Chicken Panini (it was inspired by this recipe!)
📖 Variations & Substitutions
- Chicken- you can substitute shredded chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- Cream cheese- you can use low-fat or full fat cream cheese instead, but you need to factor that into the WW points, if you're following the program
🥗 What to serve with Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Dip
- vegetables- carrot sticks, baby carrot, celery sticks, cucumbers, bell peppers
- water crackers
- mini whole wheat pitas
- WW tortilla chips
Store: You can store this healthy chicken dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat on the stove top, on low, until cream cheese is melted. *Do NOT microwave
This Low fat Buffalo Chicken Dip is Weight Watchers friendly @ 2 WW points on my plan, but you can click HERE to find out how many WW points it is on your plan!
👪 Serving Size
This Heathy Buffalo Chicken dip makes 4 servings and each serving is ¼ cup. However, you can also double or triple it for a bigger crowd. Just click on the blue serving size (it's highlighted in blue) and select the number of servings you’d like and the ingredient amounts will adjust accordingly.
So if you are a buffalo chicken fan looking for healthy appetizers, that are also Weight Watchers friendly, give this easy and healthy buffalo chicken dip a try!
And be sure to check out the big selection of my other Weight Watchers Recipes!
Did you LOVE this health chicken dip recipe? Please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
📋 Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 142 g -can of chicken breast, drained * you can substitute shredded chicken
- ¾ cup fat-free cream cheese * Or use low-fat if you can't find fat free
- 28 g -packet of dry Ranch dressing mix or ranch seasoning * I use Hidden Valley
- ⅓ cup Buffalo sauce * I use Franks's Red hot sauce (buffalo wing)
- green onions
- Pour everything into a small pot.
- Cook over medium-low heat on the stove top until cream cheese melts and its heated through. Serve.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.