This is yet another recipe that was born out of necessity. My friend was coming for dinner, I had no plan and no time to make anything in advance, so I grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the store.
Then I made this No Cook Buffalo Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Caraway Coleslaw. It was perfect because it's a super quick and easy dinner that uses rotisserie chicken, so it requires no actual cooking. And they Weight Watchers friendly @ 5WW points on the blue plan.
I am a little bit buffalo chicken crazy -I love the stuff! And I love it even more when it's easy to make. And if you feel the same way, you have come to the right place! My Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks (no cook), Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Pizza Bites and my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers are made with leftover rotisserie chicken.
For this recipe, you'll need:
- rotisserie chicken
- buffalo sauce * I use Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- whole wheat bun
- broccoli slaw
- green onion
- caraway seed
- apple cider vinegar
- you can use any coleslaw you like with this recipe, but this one is sooo good!
- you can use cooked chicken breast (you don't have to use a pre-made rotisserie chicken)
Shredding and pulling are interchangeable terms when it comes to chicken. And with this sandwich, you pull (or shred) rotisserie chicken the exact same way you would pull pork (see video: How to pull chicken ) It's so easy to do so it's also a great way to get the kids helping with dinner!
💭 Top tip
I also recently discovered that you can quickly and easily 'pull ' or shred chicken using your mixer (video)! You simply add pieces of chicken to the bowl and turn on the mixer. But it can get a little messy so beware!
🥗 Side dishes
- I usually serve this with fresh carrot sticks or cucumbers
- You can serve it with soup if you want a bigger meal. Try it with any one of my soups!
Store bought rotisserie chicken is the best because there's so much you can do with it. It costs almost the same as buying a chicken and cooking it (minus the labor) so why wouldn't I; especially if I'm in a hurry, it's too hot to cook or I simply want a break from cooking? Sometimes I eat rotisserie chicken straight up, but I also love to transform it into something different and this buffalo chicken sandwich is both satisfying and healthy. The coleslaw is quick and easy to make and balances the texture with a nice crunch!
And if you are making less than 4 sandwiches or find that you have rotisserie chicken leftovers, then reinvent them into these Easy Chicken Quesadillas with rotisserie chicken !
Between work, after school activities and whatever else you have going on, life is busy and sometimes you just don't have the time or energy to cook, but still want a hot meal. So why not grab a precooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and put this No Cook Buffalo Pulled Chicken Sandwich on the menu? Enjoy....
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
📋 Buffalo Pulled Chicken Sandwich recipe
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded/pulled * see video in notes for pulling chicken (same method as pork)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce * I use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 375 g -bag of broccoli slaw
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- ½ tsp caraway seed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (light) * I use Hellman's ½ the fat
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Shred/pull chicken as per video instructions in notes (do not use the skin). Then mix with buffalo sauce.
- Combine all coleslaw ingredients together and mix.
- Slice buns in half and add buffalo pulled chicken to bottom half, dividing between all 4 buns.
- Top with coleslaw, again, dividing between all 4 buns. Serve immediately.