I don’t know what it is about blue drinks that make them so enticing but whenever I see one, I want it.
Recently when I was out shopping with my daughter, she asked me to buy some blue raspberry martini mix because well, it was blue! And of course I couldn't resist, thinking that I could make a cool looking drink out of it. This Creamy Coconut Blue Raspberry Slushie was the delicious result!
There weren’t a lot of fancy drinks for children around when I was a kid; especially blue ones! And if you got pop you counted yourself among the lucky. This is one of the reasons why I love to give my kids the fun and fancy drink experience! This Blue Raspberry Slushie is a great summer drink to make for kids on a Friday night when parents may be enjoying a special drink as well. There are a lot of blue drinks with alcohol out there but no so many blue non alcoholic drinks, especially summer slushy drinks. Blue drinks are just plain fun!
This blue raspberry drink is made with Blue Raspberry Martini Mix, so you don't need neon blue food coloring. Since I couldn’t find many mocktails made out of blue raspberry mix either and I wanted a slushy drink for the kids to enjoy in the hot weather, I came up with this! For this recipe you'll need:
- blue raspberry martini mix
- whipping cream (liquid)
- sparkling water (lemon lime flavor)
- coconut extract
- whipped cream (I use coconut whipped cream in the spray can)
You don't need a slushie machines to make these - all you need is a blender (affiliate link) for this blue raspberry drink!
This blue raspberry slushie should be stored in the freezer. You can make this drink in advance and simply store it in a juice jug (affiliate link) in the freezer (that's what I do). I also store the leftovers the same way. However, the whipping cream may separate a from the rest of the drink. If this happens, then just blend it in the blender for 15-20 seconds before serving.
Blue raspberry is a great drink flavor to play with and this blue raspberry drink was an experiment gone right. All the ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store, including the blue raspberry mix, sparkling water, coconut extract, heavy cream (I don't use ice cream, as many blue slushie recipes call for) and it takes only 5 minutes to throw together! So why not treat the kids or yourself to a fun and easy slushy summer drink ?!
Did you make Creamy Coconut Blue Raspberry Slushie recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
📋Blue Raspberry Slushie Recipe
- ⅓ cup whipping cream (liquid)
- 2 cups Blue Raspberry Martini mix
- 4 cups ice
- 1 cup sparkling water (lemon lime flavor)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- coconut whipped cream (spray can) * or use regular whipped cream
- blue sprinkles
- fresh raspberries
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds to 1 minute) and pour into 8 oz glasses.
- Top with coconut whipped cream or regular whipped cream, sprinkles and fresh raspberries
🥤More Mocktails for kids!
- Miami Vice Mocktail
- Raspberry Mimosa Mocktail
- Strawberry Italian Soda
- Cranberry Cosmo Mocktail
- Sparkling Strawberry Party Punch (non alcoholic)
- Green Grasshopper Mocktail
- Shirley Temple