This Grasshopper Mocktail is a non-alcoholic version of the famous Grasshopper Cocktail.
And if you’ve never had a grasshopper, then you’re in for a treat! It’s a mint chocolate drink that’s creamy and delicious!
The grasshopper cocktail derives its name from its green color, which comes from crème de menthe. It’s a retro cocktail that had its heyday in the 1950’s and 1960’s. It was said to be invented at the bar “Tajugue’s” in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1918 by owner, Philip Guichet. You can read more HERE.
Famous Mocktail Recipes
This non- alcoholic version of this famous cocktail is simple to make and a great substitute for alcoholic celebratory drinks, as are my Shirley Temple, Miami Vice Mocktail and Cranberry Cosmo Mocktails.
St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
My Grasshopper Mocktail is the perfect St. Patrick’s day drink for kids or those that want a non-alcoholic option. So if you’re looking for a fun green drink, then give this one a try!
Mocktail Recipes for kids
I love making my kids mocktails! I think it’s important that kids get to have fun celebratory drinks too. It’s not something I ever had as a kid, so I can live vicariously through mine and regularly make them fun drinks. Not only have I made several famous mocktails (see above), I also have some of my own non- alcoholic inventions like this Creamy Coconut Blue Raspberry Slushie.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Have a St. Paddy’s Party Coming up?
Green Grasshopper Mocktail
- 6 tbsp white hot chocolate mix
- 6 tbsp boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 1 cup 1 % milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (affiliate link)
- 1 tsp green food coloring *add more or less to achieve desired color
- whipped cream * I use spray whipped cream from the can
- fresh mint leaves
- Add 3 tbsps each of hot water and white chocolate mix to 2 glasses and whisk until powder is dissolved into water.
- Add milk, cream, extracts and green food coloring, dividing between both glasses and mix until incorporated.
- Add ice, if desired.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh mint