I’m Terri, a passionate home cook and baker, award-winning recipe developer, hobby cake decorator, community volunteer, a Weight Watchers online member and busy working mom that is trying to eat healthy and fit everything into not enough hours in a day.
REAL FOOD. REAL LIFE. HEALTHY BALANCE:
- I believe in healthy balance and creating recipes for real life.
- My recipes are realistic for busy people and/or those people out there that don’t necessarily want to spend hours in the kitchen.
- At Food Meanderings you will find easy, quick, make-ahead, shortcut, healthy, family friendly, Weight Watchers friendly (all points are calculated according to the Weight Watchers (WW) blue plan) and delicious food.
It’s about Moderation!
- There is some food art, fun food and desserts thrown in for good measure, because I love to bake and believe that you can eat everything in moderation!
- Being Ukrainian Canadian and a huge fan of Ukrainian food, I also love to modernize traditional Ukrainian dishes. I will also share handy food and kitchen hacks I have acquired along the way.
I LOVE all thing food!
I love all things food and spend much of my spare time immersed in it. As you can see, my food interests are pretty eclectic and I find myself meandering down many different food roads. I also tend to ramble on about food. I started this blog to share those food meanderings and ramblings. If you want to know how my love affair with making food began, I believe that this article encapsulates it.
Some random things about me
- I am crazy for cats and well on my way to being a crazy cat lady. I have a very cute but naughty grey and white tabby named Milo. He’s also food crazy and is constantly trying to steal food. You can read about what he did to my cake HERE.
- I love road trips, especially when I’m a passenger!
- I will pretty much eat any food except miscellaneous meat (you can read about that HERE, ) liver and Vegemite.
- I have a degree in Political Science and took an after-degree certificate in Gerontology
- I prefer when there is harmony and everyone gets along.
- My favorite wine and food pairing is Vinho Verde and Miss Vickie’s S&V potato chips
- I can’t carry a tune to save my life and still mouth the words (like I did in elementary school choir) when I’m forced to sing publicly.
- I hate sewing, even buttons and mending.
- I am a bit obsessive, especially when it comes to food. You can thank me for helping to bring Subway sauce back. Really. True story.
You can also read more about me and why I started this food blog in my Featured Foodie Interview with Food Bloggers of Canada.
I love to create recipes for contests because it allows me to be creative and think outside my box. My original and contest winning recipes (See award winners list here) have been published in Taste of Home magazine, Saltscape Magazine, Simple and Delicious, Better Homes and Gardens Family Circle Hometown Cooking Cookbook, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Readers’ Best Recipes 25th Anniversary Edition Cookbook, Calgary’s Child Magazine, Safeway Destination Cheese Champions, Farmers’ Almanac, among other publications and on several websites. I was also a Masterchef Canada (At Home) Finalist in 2018. I have also been included in The 50 Best Food and Cooking Blogs.
I recently created an e-cookbook with a collection of my Award-Winning Recipes. Just sign up below, on the side bar or on the pop- up you’ll see before you exit, and as a gift for becoming a subscriber, you’ll receive a FREE download of my Award-Winning Recipes E-Cookbook~!
I only work with brands and products I truly love and use myself! I have worked with brands such as California Raisins, Burnbrae Farms, USA Rice and Egg Farmers of Canada to create unique and delicious recipes like my popular Carrot Cake Overnight French Toast Casserole . If you are interested in partnering with me, please see my “Work with Me” page for more information!
- Originally from Winnipeg, I have lived in Calgary, Alberta for the last 25 years.
- By day, I have a great job in primary health care, working with family physicians & their staff on practice enrichment initiatives and integrating and supporting health team members in family practice clinics.
- Most importantly, I am Mom to Clayton (15), Abby (13) and wife to Dave. And spending time with them is what I love more than anything in this world!
Both my Grandma and my Baba were amazing bakers and cooks and had a huge influence on me. I am grateful to still have my Grandma and so many of her recipes, but unfortunately, have very few of my Baba’s. I want my children and future generations to have my recipes and that is another reason I started this blog. I also wanted to share wonderful recipes with the world because I believe that great food is meant to be shared! Here are a couple of my most popular recipes:
Tried, Tested & Truly Loved!
Because I am often testing new recipes for competitions, my family and colleagues all serve as fearless guinea pigs for many of my food creations. This guarantees that my recipes are thoroughly tested!
On a weekly basis I will share my own contest winning recipes/other food inventions and my favorite recipes. I hope you will find something helpful and/or interesting at Food Meanderings.
Don’t forget to SIGN UP for weekly recipes delivered directly to your inbox! And a copy of my Award-Winning Recipes E-Cookbook!
Disclaimer/Please Note: In 2018 I began including Weight Watchers (WW) points in my recipes. I calculate the WW points for the blue plan, based on a my nutrition calculator plug-in and my own Weight Watchers points calculator on my WW app. I’m a longtime Weight Watchers Member who believes in the program and their message about the Weight Watchers plan being a healthy and balanced lifestyle and not a diet. However, this site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way. What I write here is about my personal experience on the plan. The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of Weight Watchers.
Please see DISCLOSURE POLICY HERE
Contact me: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org