This Easy Layered Nacho Dip is a dip that my mom makes and we all go crazy for. It’s super easy to make, only a few ingredients and it takes about 10 minutes to throw together!
I love it because it’s easy, fast and oh so addictive! It’s also the perfect game day snack, game night snack or for bringing along to a potluck.
When we’re all together having a family game night and we run out of snacks, my mom will quickly throw this together.
Cold Nacho Dip
I am a melted cheese girl and LOVE nachos with melted cheese. Actually the melted cheese is probably my favorite part of nachos. So, I really didn’t think I’d be a fan of this dip. But was I ever wrong! This Cold Taco Dip is totally delicious in it’s own special way. Plus, you don’t have to worry about heating it up. You can make it in advance, then throw it in the fridge and bring it along to a potluck or game day party!
Layered Taco dip
Who needs 7 layers anyway, right?! These 4 layers are just the right amount, it takes less time to make and the flavors enhance each other, rather than competing as they do in some of the multi-layered dips I’ve tried. Sometimes less is more and that’s definitely the case with this scrumptious dip. When my mom puts it on the table, it’s gone in less time that it takes to make it!
Nacho Dip (Game Day food)
I’m not gonna lie…. I love game day food even more than I love the game, whatever game that may be. And I believe that’s probably the case with more people than would admit. Nacho Dip is a great contribution to the game day menu because it is a breeze to throw together and you really can’t go wrong with it. This dip is also vegetarian so you satisfy those that don’t eat meat and it’s gluten-free (you just have to make sure you find a gluten-free nacho/chips to serve it with.)
Superbowl is coming and hockey season is in full swing, so there are lots of opportunities to make this nacho dip! But I truly love it anytime – we’ll make it for our Friday night movie night or while we’re having a family night playing board games or just hanging out. And it’s great for taking along to a potluck! I use a 9X13 glass pan with a lid so it’s very portable!
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
If you love nachos and dip, then be sure to check out my other nacho dips!
More Nacho Dips!
Easy Layered Nacho Dip
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1.5 cups salsa * I use 1 jar of Pace Chunky Salsa- Medium (428 ml)
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped *about 1 and ⅔ cups
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese *FINELY grated - make sure you use the smaller grating side on the grater
- chopped green onions
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth and spread evenly in bottom of 9X13 baking dish (preferably glass).
- Spread salsa evenly over sour cream cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle on green onions, spreading evenly.
- Top with grated cheese, spreading evenly over green onion (be sure to grate cheese on smaller grating/shredding)
- Sprinkle a few green onions on top, if desired. Serve with nachos/tacos.
This post is part of The Country Cook Weekend Potluck!