This Halloween Blood Bag Drink is a fun and easy idea that's ideal for Halloween parties and potlucks. You only need a few ingredients for this delicious drink.
These blood bags are popular during the Halloween season and it's a fun way to serve punch at a party. I made these for my Halloween party potluck at work. This Halloween blood bag punch also makes a great nurse graduation party idea!
- 📖Variations & Substitutions
- 🥗 These are my favorite recipes to serve with blood bag drinks!
- 👪 Serving Size
- 💭Top tip
- ❔ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
- MORE RECIPES! To see full recipe menu, click HERE!
- 📋Halloween Blood Bag Drink (non alcoholic) recipe
- 🎃More Halloween Recipes
You will need the following ingredients to make these fake blood bags:
- sparkling water - 1 litre
- cranberry/pomegranate juice - 1.89 litre
- ginger ale -½ litre
- pineapple juice -900 ml
- grenadine - 3 tbsp
- red food coloring - *I use Americolor super red
- black food coloring -*I use Americolor super black
Mix all punch ingredients together. Add the red food coloring and a very small amount of black food coloring at a time, until the ideal color is achieved.
*You can do this in a large bowl or punch bowl.
The easiest way to fill these bags is to pour the punch into a tall liquid measuring cup with a small spout (or use a narrow funnel).
Then remove blood bag lid and slowly pour liquid into drink bags.
* It's best to pour over a bowl, so that if any spills out, you don't make a mess.
Keep filling until it reaches the top.
Once full, put the lid back on.
*Repeat until all bags are full.
Wipe off bag with paper towel or cloth or rinse and dry.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Display in a black cauldron and serve as you would a juice box with a straw.
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Juice- you could use fruit punch straight cranberry juice or straight pomegranate juice for this punch instead of the combo. Plain Pomegranate juice is harder to find, however. But it's a darker color, so it's preferable to plain cranberry juice because you can use less food coloring. You could also use black cherry juice. You could also use orange juice instead of pineapple juice.
- Sparkling water- you could use lemon-lime Perrier water or another brand of lemon-lime sparkling water.
- Red Halloween drinks - you could use another type of red Halloween drink, or punch for this recipe. In fact, you can use any pink or red drink like my Cranberry Cosmopolitan Mocktail, Shirley Temple (Famous Mocktail Recipe), or Strawberry Italian Soda and make it into a blood bag drink by adding red food coloring, and a little black food coloring.
- Blood Bag cocktail - just add some rum or vodka to this punch!
🥗 These are my favorite recipes to serve with blood bag drinks!
You will need Halloween blood bags (affiliate link) for this spooky drink. I highly recommend that you get these blood bags, as they are easier to fill. The Halloween blood bag kit generally comes with all this plastic tubing and you need to fill up the bags with a syringe, which is a huge hassle!
You could also serve this in a punch bowl, (affiliate links) or large pitcher, with blood bags on the side. You will also need a liquid measuring cup with a narrow spout or a narrow funnel.
Store this blood punch in an airtight juice container for up to 4 days.
👪 Serving Size
This Blood Halloween punch recipe makes 20 servings. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
I recommend using an icing color, as opposed to grocery store food coloring because you will get the proper color. Grocery store food coloring isn't strong enough.
And I recommend using super red and super black food coloring (affiliate links) because you will use a lot less. Americolor is my #1 choice. Most red food coloring also has a taste to it, so you can avoid that taste using super red. But if you can't use super red, then make sure you get a 'no taste red' food coloring. (affiliate link). Wilton makes a good one. You can buy these online at Amazon, or at cake decorating stores or craft stores.
❔ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Dark red punch or a red Halloween cocktail are the ideal blood bag drinks.
Clean your drink safe blood bag by filling it with hot water, replacing the lid, shaking it then dump out the water. You can do this a couple of times. Then pat the bag dry. Leave the lid off for at least 24 hours so it can dry inside.
You can make edible blood bags by using a dark red punch with red food coloring and a hint of black food coloring.
So if you are looking for fun Halloween drinks for blood bags this spooky season, you'll love this realistic-looking punch; they are bound to be a huge hit!
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
📋Halloween Blood Bag Drink (non alcoholic) recipe
- 2 litre cranberry/pomegranate juice,
- 3 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- 900 ml Pineapple juice
- 1 litre lemon- lime sparkling water Or 3 cans bubly (355 ml)
- ½ litre ginger ale
- ¾ - 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- ⅛ teaspoon black food coloring
- Mix all punch ingredients together. Add the red food coloring and a very small amount of black food coloring at a time, until color is acheived.
- Ladle into measuring cup with a small spout.
- Slowly pour into blood bags. * I like to do this over a large bowl
- Keep filling until full.
- Seal with lid, rinse bag and dry.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Display in a cauldron and serve with a straw, as you would a juice box.