These No Bake Boo! Halloween Dessert Cups are fun and easy to make in individual cups, with layers of pudding, cake, whipped cream, ghost peeps, and bloody bone candies! This easy Halloween dessert is ideal for kids and perfect for Halloween parties and potlucks.
Popular during the Halloween season, these Halloween dessert cups are great for any age. They were inspired by my Jack o'lantern Cupcakes and pair perfectly with my Melting Witch Halloween Punch (non-alcoholic).
You'll need a few simple ingredients for these fun Halloween dirt cups:
- 2- 300 g chocolate pound or loaf cake store-bought or home-made
- 3 113 g boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- ½ litre whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 12 ghost peeps (they come 6 per box )
- ½ tsp green food coloring (affiliate link) I use Wilton Kelly green icing color
- ½ cup candy bloody bones
- Prepare pudding as per box directions (if using instant). If you are using pudding snack packs, skip this step.
- Prepare cake if using box mix or homemade cake
- Prepare whipped cream (if using homemade) and add green food coloring
Add broken-up cake to the bottom of all 12 cups.
Add a layer of chocolate pudding to each cup.
Add another layer of cake
Then another (final) layer of pudding
Add some green whipped cream
Draw a scary ghost (ghoul) face
Place Ghost Peeps in the middle, sprinkle a little crumbled cake around to look like dirt and add some bloody bone candies.
Hint: Dig a little hole to push the ghost peep into, but don't push too far down or it will cover the mouth
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Cake- you can use a store-bought cake from the bakery at your local grocery store, whip up a cake mix or use any homemade chocolate cake: Old Fashioned Sour Cream Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake, or Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cake .
- Cake crumbs - you can use Oreo crumbs for the "dirt" on top of the green whipped cream, instead of cake
- Pudding- you can use vanilla pudding, make your own chocolate pudding or chocolate mousse instead of instant pudding. You can also use pudding cups (snack packs) , so you don't actually have to make the pudding.
- Whipped cream- you can use regular whipped cream, Cool Whip or use green colored frosting
- Add-ins - you can add in gummy worms, cookie tombstones, candy pumpkins or Halloween sprinkles
You will need 10 oz clear plastic cups and an edible black marker for this easy dessert. I prefer to use Americolor edible black markers because I think they are better quality. Alternatively, you can use a smaller cup. *see recipe card for photos and links to ingredients
These dirt pudding cups can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If only storing overnight, you can simply cover them in plastic wrap.
👪 Serving Size
This Halloween pudding cups recipe makes 12 servings. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust. If you use a smaller cup, you can get more servings.
*If you can't find premade chocolate loaf cakes in the bakery section of your grocery store, and don't feel like making a box mix or a cake from scratch, grab a Deep and Delicious McCains Chocolate Cake from the freezer section. You can either scrape off the frosting or keep it on (frosting is always welcome in these dessert cups! )
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- Never leave cooking food unattended
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
So if you're looking for simple graveyard pudding cups, give this recipe a try at your next Halloween party!
👻Boo! Halloween Dessert Cups recipe
- 600 g chocolate cake (2 store-bought loaf cakes)
- 3 -113 g boxes of chocolate instant pudding mix
- ½ litre whipping cream
- 12 ghost peeps (they come 6 per box )
- ½ teaspoon green food coloring
- candy bloody bones
- Add broken up cake to bottom of cup
- Add a layer of chocolate pudding
- Add another layer of cake
- Add a final layer of chocolate pudding.
- Add a little whipped cream
- Color eyes and mouth on ghost with edible marker (over peeps eyes and nose)
- Put ghost in the middle of cup, sprinkle a little more cake crumbs to look like dirt and add bloody bone candies.
- Repeat for remaining 11 cups.