This post contains some affiliate links (See Disclosure Policy)
I must have watched that scene a hundred times; it was just that satisfying. I had wanted that witch dead so badly and when she actually melted, it was epic! And that was the inspiration for this sweet and savory Melting Witch Chocolate Halloween Bark.
In the movies they made ridding the world of evil look so easy. And when I grew up I was sorely disappointed that it wasn’t quite as simple as throwing water in evil’s general direction and watching it melt away. But eventually I came to realize that perhaps the universe rids the world of evil in other ways; ways we cannot necessarily understand or explain…
This Wizard of Oz is a classic and still one of my all time favorite movies. And if you have never seen this movie, it’s a must. Not only were the life lessons powerful, the gratification I experienced watching evil melt into a puddle was like nothing else I had ever experienced in my short 8 years on this earth. And there’s been nothing like it since. You can watch the melting witch scene from “The Wizard of Oz” by clicking on the blue button!
This Halloween bark is a combination of dark chocolate swirled into milk chocolate, green candy melts, chocolate covered bugle cookie witch hats and chocolate almond pretzel witch brooms, making this chocolate bark a fun and tasty Halloween treat! It’s the edible version of evil melting away….
Chocolate bark is such an easy Halloween treat to make because you don’t need to bake it or even use your stove- you can use your microwave (just be sure to use 1/2 power (50%) and keep an eye on it). If you cook it too long, it will seize (becoming crumbly and hard). And like the Wicked Witch of the West, water is BAD for chocolate and candy melts! If they come into contact with water, they will seize. Make sure your bowls and utensils are dry!
I try really hard to not wish ill will upon anyone – that’s bad karma in and of itself. Instead, I just wish that they get exactly what they deserve. And that’s not up to me to decide. I’m generally pretty confident that karma will come through.
In my humble experience, karma (like water) has done a pretty darn good job of melting witches and ridding the world of evil, even if it’s just a little bit at a time.
And eating melting witch is just as gratifying as watching a witch melt, so dig in!
If you like this recipe, PIN IT for later!
If you are looking for another fun Halloween party recipe, then check out my Witches Brew Spumoni Trifle with jello worms
Melting Witch Halloween Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 340 g package of green candy melts
- 18 small red eyeballs approximately
- Melt the milk chocolate candy melts on 1/2 power in 30 second intervals. Keep checking, removing and stirring.
- Dip each bugle in the melted chocolate candy melts and gently shake off excess.
- Immediately place bugles onto cookies and allow to harden.
- Once hardened, make a snake out of fondant and fit around the rim of each cookie hat, trimming to fit.
- Reheat the remaining milk chocolate candy melts if necessary. Dip one end of each pretzel stick into milk chocolate and lay on parchment paper. Add 4 almond slivers to each pretzel. Then spoon a little chocolate over the top of the almond sliver and let harden.
- Once hardened, trim the edges of the brooms.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Melt melting chocolate at 50% (1/2 power) in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until melted. Pour onto prep
- Melt semi sweet chocolate in microwave the same as above. Drop by spoonfuls onto melted milk chocolate then swirl with knife to get desired effect.
- Melt green candy melts in microwave same as chocolate, then drop by spoonfuls (to make puddles) Take a knife and only swirl at some of the edges to get the desired effect.
- Place cookie witch hats evenly (you can make more and add more if you like). Then place the brooms evenly throughout (you can also make additional brooms). Add the eyeball candies evenly throughout.
- Bang bottom of cookie sheet down on counter 3-4 times to remove air bubbles.
- Set aside and allow to harden for 1-2 hours. Cut and serve