If you love egg rolls, then you’re going to love this healthy and easy version that’s also Weight Watchers friendly @ 0 WW points on the blue plan!
But as far as I’m concerned, egg rolls just aren’t the same without plum sauce, so I add it. Even WITH the plum sauce and sesame seeds it’s still only 3 WW points on blue. And trust me, it’s sooo worth the extra points. It really tastes like you’re eating an egg roll! Nor do you have to be on a Weight Watchers plan to love this Egg Roll in a Bowl. It’s a quick, easy and healthy weeknight dish for the entire family.
Obviously, I didn’t invent this dish. And I’ve seen a lot of renditions of it out there. However, I wanted to throw my version into the mix!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
My Egg Roll in a Bowl is a healthy, easy and satisfying Weight Watchers friendly, one-pot meal made with ground turkey, veggies, broccoli slaw (instead of plain coleslaw mix) and green onions. I also use bean sprouts and fresh mushrooms, which I don’t see in many of the other recipes I’ve come across.
A traditional egg roll does not have egg in it but gets its name from the egg in the egg roll wrapper. But seriously, you won’t even miss the wrapper! And although I love eggs, I don’t add them to my recipe (as some do) because this dish has enough protein it it. Plus, I already get enough eggs, given I eat them for breakfast on a daily basis. And if you’re following WW, you probably get enough eggs too!
Inside Out Egg Roll
This dish tastes like an inside out egg roll. It has all the delicious flavors of your favorite deep-fried Chinese restaurant appetizer, but comes together in a lighter, faster and healthier one-pan dinner that’s ready in about 20 minutes. I made some brown rice to go with it for the family, but it’s purely optional. And you could also serve it with cauliflower rice. If you want it a little spicy, just add sriracha sauce.
Weight Watchers Egg Roll in a Bowl
This Weight Watchers Egg Roll in a Bowl is both low-carb and dairy free! You can also make it gluten-free by using a gluten-free soy sauce and gluten-free plum sauce.
Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
This recipe is the latest addition to my delicious, healthy ground turkey recipes and those are not easy to find! Ground turkey breast is one of the best meats to eat on the WW program because it’s versatile, full of flavor, 99 % fat free and is loaded with protein. However, if you prefer ground chicken, that can be substituted.
If you’re looking for more recipes made with ground turkey, then check out my Healthy Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
And if you’re craving egg rolls, but also want to stay on track with your health and weight goals, then give this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Egg Roll in a Bowl - Weight Watchers (0 points!)
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (you can substitute ground chicken breast) (99% fat free)
- 4 tsp minced fresh ginger *See NOTES for easy way to grate ginger
- 12 oz -bag of broccoli slaw mix (340 g bag)
- 12 oz -bag of bean sprouts (340g bag)
- ½ bunch - green onions, chopped (4-5 onions)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (227 g container)
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- additional green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- In large, deep skillet or wok, brown ground turkey in olive oil, over medium heat, until cooked (no longer pink)
- Add remaining ingredients and cover pan with lid and let cook over medium- low heat until vegetables are soft (about 10 minutes)
- Garnish with plum sauce (2 Tbsp is 2 WW points) and sesame seed (1 tsp = 1 WW point) and serve warm. You can serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice, but be sure to calculate the additional points.