This Everything Bagel Cloud Bread is like an Everything bagel but without all the calories or WW points! It’s light and fluffy, quick and easy to make and 0 WW points, yes I said ZERO, points on the blue plan! It also makes a great side to soup, salad or eaten straight up on its own.
I’ve seen a lot of food trends come and go over the years and many that I wished would have just rolled over and died a lot sooner than they did. Remember red velvet everything? When Red Velvet Chicken strips came out I was sooo over that food trend! Well, Cloud Bread is not that kind of trend -it can stick around as long as it likes because it’s darn good! And it really does taste so light and fluffy that you feel like you’re eating a cloud. Yet, it’s totally satisfying.
Actually, cloud bread is not a new concept- it’s been around a while and was pretty popular back in the day when the Atkins diet was all the rage. So what exactly is cloud bread?
What is cloud bread?
Okay, so cloud bread is not actually bread. Although it does have a bread-like consistency, it’s something closer to angel food cake in that it also uses whipped up egg whites and in terms of its texture. But unlike angel food cake, cloud bread is flourless, is naturally gluten-free and has next to no carbs. There are both savory and sweet versions of cloud bread recipes.
Weight Watchers Bread
It’s not easy to find bread that is ZERO points on Weight Watchers, but because cloud bread is naturally low-carb, it’s the perfect Weight Watchers bread. And that’s good enough for me, especially when I don’t have to count it!
Cloud bread with Greek Yogurt
Obviously I did not invent cloud bread, but my recipe is unique from others out there in that I make it with non-fat Greek yogurt and everything bagel seasoning. A lot of recipes use cream cheese and although I like cream cheese, I prefer using non-fat Greek yogurt because it has nearly 3X the amount of protein in it.
Weight Watchers Cloud Bread
You will be blown away by just how easy this Weight Watchers cloud bread is to make and how few ingredients are required. And this Everything bagel Cloud Bread not only makes a great side for soups and salads, it’s fabulous on its own. You can even toast it or make a sandwich with it, but you’ll definitely want to try it with my dairy-free and gluten-free WW Corn Chowder Soup!
Everything Bagel Cloud Bread- 0 WW points!
- hand mixer
- 3 eggs separated
- ⅓ cup non fat-Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ tbsp Everything Bagel seasoning
- Place oven rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 300°F. Cover a baking sheet pan with parchment paper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Separate egg yolks from whites; place each in separate mixing bowls.
- Whisk Greek yogurt into bowl with yolks until smooth.
- Add baking powder and cream of tartar to bowl with whites; beat on high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and medium peaks form. * You want the peaks stiff enough that they stand and flop a little at the tip (see NOTES)
- Slowly and gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 6 even mounds onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning on top, dividing evenly between all mounds.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes (I found 23 minutes was perfect!)
- Cool 5 minutes.