This Everything Bagel Cloud Bread is like an Everything bagel but without all the calories or WW points! It's light and fluffy, quick and easy to make, low calorie. low carb and 0 WW points, yes I said ZERO, points! It also makes a great side to soup, salad, or eaten straight up on its own. If you are following the Weight Watchers program, this low carb cloud bread recipe is the bread you want to eat!
I've seen a lot of food trends come and go over the years and many that I wished would have just rolled over and died a lot sooner than they did. Remember red velvet everything? When Red Velvet Chicken strips came out I was sooo over that food trend! Well, Tiktok Cloud Bread may be a trend, but it is not that kind of trend -it can stick around as long as it likes because it's darn good! And it really does taste so light and fluffy that you feel like you're eating a cloud. Yet, it's totally satisfying. It's the best bread for ww.
Actually, cloud bread is not a new concept- it's been around a while and was pretty popular back in the day when the Atkins diet was all the rage.
I wish I knew about cloud bread when I first started on Weight Watchers more than 20 years ago; it would have really helped with my weight loss goals at the time!
You can read about My Weight Watchers (WW) Journey HERE.
💭What is cloud bread?
Okay, so cloud bread is not actually bread. Although it does have a bread-like consistency, it's something closer to angel food cake in that it also uses whipped up egg whites and a similar fluffy texture.
But unlike angel food cake, cloud bread is flourless, is naturally gluten-free and has next to no carbs. There are both savory and sweet versions of cloud bread recipes.
It's not easy to find bread that is ZERO points on Weight Watchers, but because cloud bread is naturally a low-carb bread, it's the perfect WW bread. And that's good enough for me, especially when I don't have to count it!
You will be blown away by just how easy this Cloud Bread with Greek yogurt is to make and how few simple ingredients are required. Obviously, I did not invent cloud bread, but my recipe is unique from others out there in that I make it with:
- non-fat Greek yogurt
- everything bagel seasoning
A lot of recipes use cream cheese and although I like cream cheese, I prefer using non-fat Greek yogurt because it has nearly 3X the amount of protein in it.
*See recipe card for quantities
This easy recipe is 0 (Zero) Weight Watchers points, making it the best Weight Watchers bread!
Make dairy-free cloud bread:
Use cultured coconut milk (plain) *Cultured coconut milk is a great dairy-free substitute for yogurt! I buy "So Delicious" brand cultured coconut milk - it's available at most grocery stores (near the almond milk). Silk is another brand that also makes this product
🎥 Tiktok Video Instructions: How to make Cloud Bread
See me make cloud bread on Tiktok: Here is the How to make Everything Bagel Cloud Bread Tiktok VIDEO
Prep: Place oven rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 300°F/148 degrees C. Cover a baking sheet pan with parchment paper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
Separate egg yolks from whites; place each in separate mixing bowls.
Whisk Greek yogurt into bowl with yolks until smooth.
Add baking powder and cream of tartar to bowl with whites; beat on high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and medium stiff peaks form.
* You want the peaks stiff enough that they stand and flop a little at the tip
*NOTE: Medium peaks hold their shape pretty well, except that the tip of the peak curls over on itself when the beaters are lifted. Firm peaks stand straight up when the beaters are lifted.
Slowly and gently fold egg yolk mixture into the whipped egg whites.
Spoon mixture into 6 even mounds onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning on top, dividing evenly between all mounds.
Bake until golden browned, 20-25 minutes (I found 23 minutes was perfect!)
Cool 5 minutes.
Cloud bread is amazing on its own, or even toasted, but it's a great accompaniment to many dishes!
You'll need an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer, a whisk, a baking sheet, and a mixing bowl.
🥗 Side Dishes
- Make a sandwich with it (toasted tomato is amazing!)
- Serve it with salad
- Make it into a pizza crust
- Dip it in soup
You'll definitely want to try this delicious bread with my dairy-free and gluten-free WW Corn Chowder Soup!
🌡️Storage: How to Store Cloud Bread
Cloud bread is best ideally eaten fresh, within a day of baking it. But it will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
It can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
If you underbeat your egg whites, your cloud bread will spread and bake flat. Beat your egg whites to medium peaks (see instructions and NOTES).
If you overbeat your egg whites, your cloud bread will not be fluffy. Beat your egg whites to medium peaks (see instructions and NOTES).
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw egg
- Wash hands after touching raw egg
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- Never leave cooking food unattendedSee more guidelines at USDA.gov
So if you're looking for an unbelievably delicious and easy Low Carb Cloud bread recipe, then give this Everything bagel cloud bread a try!
📋 Everything Bagel Cloud Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs separated
- ⅓ cup non fat-Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1.5 tablespoon Everything Bagel seasoning
- Place oven rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 300°F/148 degrees C. Cover a baking sheet pan with parchment paper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Separate egg yolks from whites; place each in separate mixing bowls.
- Whisk Greek yogurt into bowl with yolks until smooth.
- Add baking powder and cream of tartar to bowl with whites; beat on high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and medium peaks form. * You want the peaks stiff enough that they stand and flop a little at the tip (see NOTES)
- Slowly and gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 6 even mounds onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning on top, dividing evenly between all mounds.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes (I found 23 minutes was perfect!)
- Cool 5 minutes.