These Air Fryer Carrot Fries are an easy, healthy, fun, and delicious way to eat carrots! What can be better than getting a serving of veggies in the form of French fries?! But they are even better with this easy 2 ingredient scrumptious Spicy Mayo Chipotle dip- trust me! The dip elevates them to an entirely new level of deliciousness. And they are a great alternative to traditional fries. They are also ww friendly at 0 points (2 pts with dip)!
Air Fryer Carrot Fries are popular in the winter, but tasty any time of year. This was inspired by my Air Fryer Parsnip Fries on this site, and pairs well with my Grilled Maple Pork . If you're a fan of sweet potato fries, you'll love these! They make a delicious side dish or healthy snack!
Honestly, I had never even thought about making carrots into fries until my teenage daughter made them for me one night. And that was it - I was IN LOVE! She likes spicy too, so she paired them with this chipotle mayo dip and it was pure perfection 🙂 She had baked them in the oven, so the next time I made them in the air fryer (that way I could cut down on the oil) and they turned out just as delicious!
You will need the following simple ingredients for these Carrot Fries (air fryer):
- 3 lb bag of carrots
- 5 seconds of spray oil *I use avocado oil or canola oil, as both oils have a higher smoke point. *You can read about smoke point here, if you're not familiar with it
- ¾ tbsp dried parsley
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ black pepper
- ¼ cup chipotle hot sauce *I use Cholula (made by McCormick)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise * I use Hellman's ½ the fat mayonnaise (use ½ cup if you like it less spicy)
Prep: Peel and cut carrots in half.
Cut carrot sticks into fries with a French fry cutter/chipper. *If you don't have a chipper, you can use a knife, but be very careful because carrots are hard to cut through
Spray the bottom drawer of the air fryer or air fryer basket, depending on the type of air fryer you have.
*If you don't have a drawer-style air fryer, place the fries in a single layer
Spray a few squirts (up to 5) of cooking oil spray on top of the fries.
Sprinkle half of the salt, pepper, and parsley on the raw fries.
Air fry at 390 degrees F (198 degrees F) for 15 minutes. *Use match cook if you're using a 2 drawer Ninja Foodi
When done, shake, spray again (2 squirts or so) and add the remaining parsley, salt and pepper.
Cook for 12-15 more minutes. (For a total of 27-30 minutes - 30 minutes was perfect for me)
Mix Chipotle sauce and mayonnaise together.
Serve this spicy mayo dip with carrot fries
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Parsley- you can use fresh chopped parsley instead of dried. *I like to use my own air fryer dehydrated parsley
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes
- Oil -canola or olive oil spray can be used instead of avocado
- Salt - you can use sea salt or kosher salt instead of table salt
- Spices/toppings - you can use garlic powder, parmesan cheese, or onion powder
- Dip - this Spicy May Chipotle dip is ideal with these fries and if you don't feel like making it, you can get chipotle mayonnaise at the grocery store. But you could also serve these carrot fries with your dip of choice or my Garlic May Dip.
Carrot french fries pair well with burgers and sandwiches, among other dishes. These are my favorite dishes to serve with air fryer carrots:
You will need an air fryer for these delicious carrot fries. However, if you don't have an air fryer, you can bake them in the oven (see Recipe card NOTES). You will also need a vegetable peeler, a sharp knife, and a cutting board. A chipper/french fry cutter also comes in handy. * See recipe card for equipment recommendation photos and links
Store these easy air fryer carrot fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store the dip separately, in a sealed container in the fridge. You can make these in advance and freeze them in a single layer (or cut them with the chipper and freeze them later).
👪 Serving Size
This crispy air fryer carrot fries recipe makes 4 servings. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
These carrot chips are Weight Watchers friendly @ 0 WW points with a 5-second spray of Chosen Avocado oil (do 3 seconds first spray, then 2 seconds in the middle of the cooking time, before shaking). The dip is 2 ww points for ¼ of the entire recipe.
*Spray your carrot fries (and anything you put in the air fryer) with a light spray of cooking oil, but do NOT use an aerosol cooking spray with propellants (like Pam). This can cause damage to the surface of your air fryer and cause the coating to flake off and potentially onto your food. *The label will tell you whether it has propellants or not
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
So if you are looking to add some veggies to your daily routine and are missing traditional potato fries, these are a great option!
📋Air Fryer Carrot Fries Recipe
- 3 lbs regular carrots *I do NOT recommend using baby carrots
- 5 seconds of spray oil * I use avocado or canola
- ¾ tablespoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ black pepper
- ¼ cup chipotle sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise * I use Hellman's ½ the fat (use ½ cup if you like it less spicy)
- lime wedges
NOTE: The photos in this recipe card will NOT print unless you set them to print by selecting "recipe image"
- Prep: Peel and cut carrots in half.
- Cut into fries with a french fry cutter/chipper. *If you don't have a chipper, you can use a knife, but be very careful because carrots are hard to cut through.
- Spray the bottom drawer of the air fryer or air fryer basket, depending on the type of air fryer you have.
- Spray a few squirts (up to 5) of cooking oil spray on top of the fries.
- Sprinkle half of the salt, pepper and parsley on the raw fries. Air fry at 390 degrees F (198 degrees F) for 15 minutes. *Use match cook if you're using a 2 drawer Ninja Foodi
- When done, shake, spray again (2 squirts or so) and add the remaining parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 12-15 more minutes. (total of 27-30 minutes - 30 was perfect for me)
- Mix Chipotle sauce and mayonnaise together.Serve this spicy mayo dip with carrot fries.
TO BAKE:*Use 3 tablespoons of olive oil instead of cooking oil spray.
- Preheat oven temperature to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). (with baking sheet inside)
- Place cut, raw carrot fries in a large bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley, then toss to coat.
- Remove baking sheet (wearing oven mitts). Spread carrot fries on preheated baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly crisp and cooked through (a fork can easily go through)
- If they are still not crisp enough on top for your liking (and you like crispier fries), but they're browned on the bottom and cooked through, then turn the oven up to broil (500 degrees F) and cook for about 2 more minutes, keeping a close eye on them to ensure they don't burn.