One of my favorite summer grilling recipes is this Marinated Grilled Maple Lemon Pork because it's so easy and loaded with flavor! I love recipes that I can walk away from and all the hard work is done for me.
With this recipe, it takes about 5 minutes to throw the marinade together, then you add the meat, pop it in the fridge and go about your day. All the while, magic is happening- the flavorful ingredients in this marinade are becoming one with the meat. Then you simply grill it. The end result is an Grilled Maple Pork that's perfect for Father's Day or any summer BBQ and Weight Watchers Friendly at 5 WW points on the blue plan. And you barely have to do anything.
🐖What type of pork to use?
I usually use buy a whole pork loin and cut it up and freeze it. It's very easy, economical and delicious and I use it for so many dishes, like my Pork with Creamy Mushroom Salsa. But it's really ideal for grilling. Although, you could use any type of pork with this recipe. I have used pork chops and pork tenderloin as well.
💭Pork Tenderloin vs Pork Loin
You may not know the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin- a lot of people don't. A pork loin is wider and flatter, and can be a boneless or bone-in cut of meat. A pork tenderloin is a long, narrow, boneless cut of meat that comes from the muscle that runs along the backbone. Pork tenderloin has less fat so it's leaner, smaller and a little more expensive. You can read more about the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin HERE.
🎥 Video: How to cut a pork loin
Cutting a pork loin is simple, but if you've never done it, then check out this video showing you how to cut pork loin.
🥘Ingredients in Maple Pork Marinade
I love this maple pork marinade because it's a great way to infuse a ton of flavor into your pork loin, pork tenderloin or pork chops, without a lot of work. And If you love lemon and maple this marinade creates a symphony of delicious infused flavor that will soon become one of your summer grilling favorites!
For this marinade, you will need:
- lemon juice (fresh)
- maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- vegetable oil
- lemon zest
Try it with my Easy 3 Ingredient Onion Baked Potatoes!
📋 Marinated Grilled Maple Lemon Pork Recipe
- 1.5 lb boneless pork loin slices (about 6) * You can use pork loin, pork chops or pork tenderloin, with bone or boneless
- Heads up: There is a minimum 6 hour marinating time with this recipe!
- Score pork by simply poking holes in it with a fork- I do this 5-6 times for each piece.*This allows the marinade to seep inside.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over meat. Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours, but I usually refrigerate overnight or while I'm working all day.
- Remove meat from marinade and reserve marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring marinade to a boil, reduce heat and and cook for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grill for about 7-8 minutes, then turn. (*This will depend on the type of pork you use and how thick the cut is. You may need a little more or a little less time)
- Cook until no longer pink (brushing occasionally with warm marinade.)
- Remove meat from grill and serve.
- Garnish with thyme and fresh lemon wedges, if desired.
📋 More Pork Recipes!
- Pork Chops with Apple Sage Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork on a Bun
- Easy Thai Pork and Noodles
- One-Pan Plum Glazed Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Healthy Pork Carnitas
- Easy Pork with Caper Sauce
- Mandarin Orange & Red Pepper Pork
This recipe is part of The Country Cook Weekend Potluck!