I interrupt our regularly scheduled indulgent holiday programming to bring you this amazingly easy, healthy and delicious Weight Watchers friendly Boneless Pork Recipe!
Although I love the holidays and all the festive goodies that accompany it, I truly believe in balance and felt that a healthy intervention was in order! Christmas treats are wonderful, but in moderation, right? This Weight Watchers Friendly Easy Pork with Caper Sauce is only 4 Weight Watchers freestyle points (blue plan) per serving and super delicious! For many years I thought a caper was a little fish, like a sardine. But no, that’s actually a kipper. Nor had I ever had an opportunity to try a caper. Unfortunately, I had plenty of opportunities to try kippers.
C’mon, you have to admit that if you had never tried it, just heard it and didn’t read it, you might have got them confused too? I didn’t have my first caper until I was in my early 20’s. It was in a pasta dish at Olive Garden and I was in luv! They are delicious little things….
Capers are flower buds
A caper is a actually a flower bud -from the caper bush (you can read more about it HERE ) while a kipper is a whole herring (a small, oily fish) that has been split in a butterfly fashion from tail to head along the dorsal ridge, gutted, salted or pickled. You can see my confusion? Ha ha…
Anyway, my Dad is herring crazy, so I did have plenty of opportunities to try kippers and once I actually bit the bullet and tried one. I won’t be eating kippers again.
Easy Weight Watchers Pork
I have been making this weight watchers pork loin recipe for years and I managed to lighten it up even more than the original! I love that it’s easy and can be made in under 30 minutes from staples you have on hand. I always have a jar of capers in the fridge, as well as non-fat greek yogurt, Dijon mustard and chicken bouillon in the pantry.
If you’ve never had a caper, this is a must try. Trust me, they are so much better than kippers!
If you are looking for additional weight watchers friendly dinner ideas, check out this recipe:
Use up your leftover mashed potatoes with this Healthy Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
And follow my Weight Watchers Board on Pinterest!
Weight Watchers Pork with Caper Sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine flour , salt and pepper coat in shallow dish. Coat pork with flour mixture on both sides.
- Add oil to frying pan, then cook pork over medium-high heat for 2 -3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Combine broth, mustard and capers in a separate bowl. Pour over pork and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium- low cover and simmer for 20 -25 minutes or until pork is no longer pink inside.
- Remove pork from heat, then whisk yogurt into sauce. Add pork back into sauce.
- Recommendation: serve with rice and veggies
- Garnish with additional capers and crushed red pepper flakes