We have a lot of breakfast potlucks at work and sometimes I struggle with what to bring. There aren't many quick and easy ideas for breakfast potlucks out there, especially something that can be made in advance.
The beautiful thing about this Raspberry Mocha Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Lasagna recipe is that it is made with packaged prepared refrigerator Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes the night before or a couple of days in advance. It not only makes a great brunch potluck recipe, but also a wonderful holiday breakfast or brunch.
In fact, this sweet breakfast lasagna is even better if it is made in advance because it gives the cinnamon roll layers a chance to soften up. And it will keep well for a few days in the fridge. A little different than the usual breakfast fare, this raspberry cinnamon bun lasagna satisfies the sweet tooth and is simple and quick to make. It's also great for serving a crowd.
Breakfast Potluck Recipes
Make- ahead breakfast and brunch potluck recipes are not easy to come by and since we've had a lot of breakfast/brunch potlucks at work over the years, I've created several breakfast potluck recipes. These Maple Sausage Brunch Bites, this Perogy Breakfast Casserole and these Raspberry Lemon Scones are a few of my faves! They can also be made in advance.
I originally created this recipe for a Pillsbury contest/bake-off. Although it did not win that contest, this recipe is soo good that I wanted to share it with the world~! However, you can check out my other Award-winning Recipes HERE! And if you sign up as a subscriber on the side bar (or before you exit) you'll receive a FREE copy of my award-winning e-cookbook!
Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Recipes
This quick and easy breakfast lasagna is made with store-bought refrigerator Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and icing (so there is no waste), whipped cream and frozen raspberries. So, if you are looking for make ahead breakfast casseroles or Pillsbury cinnamon roll recipes for your next breakfast or brunch potluck, look no further. This recipe also makes a great dessert lasagna!
**This post is NOT sponsored by Pillsbury
Cinnamon Roll Ideas
And if you love cinnamon rolls and are looking for additional cinnamon roll ideas, try my Gruyere Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls. You can make them in your bread machine!
Or my Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread with Lemon Glaze! It's like cinnamon rolls without all the work of actually making cinnamon rolls!
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
Raspberry Mocha Cinnamon Roll Lasagna
- 2 351 g pkgs packages of store-bought refrigerator cinnamon rolls with icing I use Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
- 1 250 g package light cream cheese
- 3 tbsp icing/powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 473 ml container of whipping cream
- 2 cups frozen raspberries defrosted, drained and patted dry
- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp brewed vanilla coffee or substitute 2 tbsp coffee and ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh raspberries optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray two 9X13 baking pans with non stick cooking spray.
- Roll out each package of cinnamon buns as flat as possible and press into bottom of each 9X13 pan. Ensure the cinnamon rolls cover the entire surface of the pan.
- You can do this on a cutting board, then transfer to pan or roll out the buns right in the pan, if you have a smaller rolling pin (this is what I do).
- Sprinkle a ½ tsp lemon zest evenly over each flattened cinnamon roll layer in each pan.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes in preheated oven or until light browned.
- While cinnamon roll layers are baking, beat whipping cream to soft peaks.
- Remove 1 cup and beat 3 tbsp icing/powdered sugar into it at soft peak stage, then continue beating to stiff peaks.
- Beat remaining whipped cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and raspberry jam – then fold in the 1 cup whipped cream (with icing sugar/powdered sugar added).
- Fold in defrosted and drained raspberries.
- When cinnamon bun layers are done baking, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Gently remove one layer and place on cooling rack.
- With a larg spoon, mix remaining whipped cream (about 2 cups) and the icing/frosting (that came with the cinnamon bun packages) together and add vanilla brewed coffee. Set aside.
- Assembly: spread cream cheese raspberry mixture over layer of cinnamon buns in pan
- Place the other layer of baked cinnamon buns on top of mixture face up
- Spread whipped cream/icing mixture overtop of that layer.
- Garnish with cinnamon and raspberries and serve.
Raspberry Mocha Cinnamon Roll Lasagna
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Fat 14g22%Saturated Fat 9g56%Cholesterol 54mg18%Sodium 20mg1%Potassium 74mg2%Carbohydrates 13g4%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 7g8%Protein 1g2%
Vitamin A 585IU12%Vitamin C 7.8mg9%Calcium 40mg4%Iron 0.3mg2% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This recipe is part of The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck