When life gives you chicken coupons, make chicken!
I won $500.00 worth of $5.00 chicken coupons as a runner-up prize in a contest the summer of 2016. So, I made a lot of chicken recipes, including this Baked Hoisin Chicken Quarter recipe! It's so simple and easy to make and only 5 Weight Watchers points (on the blue plan) per serving.
That was 100 coupons, to be used ONE PER PERSON, ONE AT A TIME, by June of that year (see post: "Winner Winner chicken dinner" to read more about it). What I was really going for was that $10,000.00 kitchen make-over grand prize. Sigh....my time will come....
So until then, I make chicken.
Baked Leg Quarters
I found this little gem of a recipe for Baked Leg Quarters with thighs in a Chatelaine magazine back in 2007 and it's been one of my easy recipe staples ever since. I like that it's simple, fast and I just have to stir a few things together then pop it in the oven.
Hoisin Sauce with Chicken
Chicken can be high maintenance and I'm usually not in the mood for that level of commitment, especially after working all day and dealing with my own share of high maintenance-type stuff. I love that this Hoisin Sauce with chicken is a quick 5 ingredient sauce that can be thrown together in minutes!
Chicken Quarter Recipes
An easy, economical and delicious baked Hoisin chicken dinner using chicken quarters (chicken legs with thighs attached), that can whipped up quickly using staples from your pantry. This chicken is 5 Weight Watchers points (on the blue plan)!
And some of that high maintenance stuff includes just trying to meet my own daily needs. I am not a low maintenance gal! Just listen to me order coffee sometime and you'll see what I mean. Something has to be simple, so let it be the chicken. If you're looking for low maintenance chicken quarter recipes, this the one!
As June drew to a close and the kids finished up school, I am happy to report that I got down to my last few chicken coupons! I was also quite impressed that we managed to use up that many coupons, saving ourselves some serious cash on groceries that year.
Chicken leg quarters in oven
So, with my freezer stocked full of chicken for the last time, I welcomed summer and surprisingly somewhat sadly, bid adieu to our weekend chicken runs. But at least I'm comforted when I bake my easy hoisin chicken leg quarters in the oven!
*TERRI'S TIP* - keep fresh ginger in a freezer bag in your freezer - it lasts a very long time. Take out what you need, peel it with a vegetable peeler and grate it frozen right into your dish
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
Easy Baked Hoisin Chicken Quarters Recipe
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 green onion chopped to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Generously spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix hoisin sauce, BBQ sauce, soya sauce, garlic and ginger together.
- ** If you have skin on your chicken, you need to remove it by pulling it off. This is easy to do, even if you've never done it. You simply pull back on it and tear it off.
- Then pull it right off over the leg (you may have to trim it to get it all off)
- Trim any excess skin with a knife
- Place in roaster/pan, the pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake uncovered in centre of oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and spoon pan juices over chicken.
- Continue baking, occasionally spooning sauce from baking dish over chicken until chicken feels springy when pressed and chicken is cooked through - about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds and serve.
If you like this recipe, try my Hoisin Orange Chicken recipe!
This recipe is part of The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck!