I got this Greek Pasta Salad Recipe from a coworker about 15 years ago. I made some minor changes to make it better, of course. It is such a yummy, refreshing and healthy summer salad made with feta, cucumbers and tomatoes. And it’s so simple. But aren’t most good things in life? The addition of the fresh herbs makes it extra awesome!
I love Greek food almost as much as I love Ukrainian food. So get ready for more Greek food posts – I have a few up my sleeve.
If you are looking for potluck ideas, this healthy Greek Pasta Salad is one of my favourite recipes!
It’s also a great dish for a BBQ or just to whip up on a hot summer day. Double up the recipe if serving a large group. Make this pasta salad recipe a day ahead or prepare it quickly right before you need it – it doesn’t take long. Oh and no oven required, just stove top. Enjoy!
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
A delicious and refreshing Greek pasta salad recipe is made with feta, cucumbers and tomatoes and fresh herbs, made in only 20 minutes! Perfect summer BBQ or potluck idea!
- 2 cups spiral or tubular pasta I use the colored pasta
- 1/4 cup medium red onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 a seedless cucumber diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup light feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black Kalamata olives I also use the pre-sliced ones if I feel extra lazy -they don't look as nice, but they save you the hassle of dealing with pits and/or chopping
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp each chopped fresh mint and basil
Cook pasta in water until tender, but still firm. Drain and rinse with cool water until cooled.
In large serving bowl, combine cooked pasta and remaining ingredients, tossing well. Serve.
May be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
** I use light feta which reduces the calories and fat
If you like Greek Pasta, you may also like: