A simple and unique take on potato salad. If you love perogies, you will love this perogy recipe. Make it for a summer BBQ, a potluck or even when you are camping/glamping this summer ! It is easy and requires very little space to prepare. This recipe won 2nd place in the Go RV’ing: Canada’s RV Friendly recipe contest in 2013.
I adore tasty summer food that requires very little effort because well, life is short and so is summer. You can prep this dish in the evening when it’s a bit cooler (no oven required, just stove top) then throw it together quickly the next day and you’re off to enjoy your sunny summer festivities!
Perogy Potato Salad
If you love perogies, you will love this perogy potato salad recipe. Make it for a summer BBQ, a potluck or even when you are camping/glamping this summer !
- 2 (2 pound or .9 kg) pkgs of potatoes (rainbow pack – includes red, yellow, white, purple and blue potatoes ¾ ” – 1 5/8 ”)
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp dry curd cottage cheese (90 ml)
- 2/3 cup bacon bits (best to use the ‘real’ bacon bits) (150 ml)
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut(from jar) (175 ml)
- 2 tbsp liquid from sauerkraut jar (30 ml)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s) (150 ml)
- 1/2 cup radishes, finely chopped (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup green onions , finely chopped (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (15 ml)
- paprika to garnish
Cook potatoes in boiling water until fork goes easily into them but they are still firm (about 15 minutes).
Drain, cool and refrigerate potatoes until cold (up to an hour).
Cook eggs in boiling water until hard boiled (about 10-12 minutes).
Remove eggs from heat and run under cold water, let sit in cold water for 10 minutes, then refrigerate (still in cold water) until cold (up to an hour) and then peel.
Cut each cold potato and each egg into 4 pieces.
Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Add the potatoes and eggs and mix.
Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until ready to serve