It makes a great last-minute dessert for summer BBQ’s or a potlucks, especially on those hot days or when you want the taste of homemade baking without actually having to turn on the oven.
No Bake Black Forest Tiramisu
This black forest tiramisu is a combination of my family's favorite black forest trifle and tiramisu. It is a great no bake dessert for potlucks or BBQ's.
- 300 g chocolate pound or loaf cake store-bought or home-made
- 4 158 g containers instant chocolate pudding snack
- 1½ cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 540 ml can can cherry pie filling
- 48 400 g pkg lady fingers
- 2/3 cup brewed vanilla flavoured coffee cooled, regular coffee and 1/2 tsp vanilla can be substituted
- 4 tbsp Kahlua
- 5 cups whipped cream
- cocoa about 2 tsp
- 10 Maraschino cherries optional
Mix cooled brewed coffee and Kahlua together.
Pour ½ of the coffee mixture on the bottom of 9X13 inch baking pan. Place lady fingers in coffee and Kahlua mixture and turn once
Break up cake and place evenly over soaked lady fingers. In a separate bowl, mix pudding with mascarpone cheese.
Spread pudding mascarpone mixture over cake. Pour remaining coffee Kahlua mixture into shallow bowl. Dip each lady finger and turn once.
Place soaked lady fingers over pudding mixture. Spread cherries evenly over lady fingers.
Top with whipped cream and spread evenly.
Garnish: sprinkle cocoa over whipped cream. Top with maraschino cherries, if desired.
Note: This is best served in dessert bowls, as it has more of a trifle consistency