This may sound fancy, but I assure you, it's easy! I came up with this recipe because I wanted to make a quick "thank you" for a Mom who had done a lot for me and helped me out when my kids were small.
I asked her husband what her fave dessert was and he told me it was Tiramisu, so I made these Chocolate Tiramisu Cupcakes with Raspberry Mascarpone Whipped Cream Frosting! They are the perfect Mother's Day dessert because they are decadent and delicious, yet easy to make because they use a cake mix.
I also love Tiramisu. In fact, I love it so much so that I created several Tiramisu Desserts! If you love tiramisu too, then you'll love my No Bake Black Forest Tiramisu, my Raspberry Tiramisu Cutie Pies and my Saskatoon Berry Tiramisu Dessert Shooters! They are all so delicious that the one you pick will just depend on your mood and the occasion. However, I think these Chocolate Tiramisu Cupcakes are perfect for this occasion - Mother's Day!
Mother's Day Cupcakes
Mother's Day requires just that little extra special touch and these are the perfect Mother's Day Cupcakes because they were created by one mother for another. But the best part is that they are quick, easy and and still require minimal effort because they use a chocolate cake mix with a raspberry jam, Mascarpone cheese and Khalua whipped cream frosting! These cupcakes also pair nicely with a cup of tea (or even a Mimosa!)
Stabilizing whipped cream for icing
I stabilize my whipped cream with piping gel (affiliate links) because it's easier than using gelatin. But if you don't have any or can't get access to it, you can use gelatin as a stabilizer (see NOTES for directions.) OR if you don't have piping gel or gelatin, you don't even have to bother stabilizing your whipped cream. But beware: the icing/frosting won't hold for longer than an hour or so.
If you love Tiramisu, you'll love these! It's Tiramisu, but in cupcake form and without all the work. Tiramisu can be a lot of work, but with this recipe, you can have all the tiramisu taste without all the effort. And the bonus is the raspberry; it's such a delicious flavor combination!
Happy Mother's Day!
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
Leftover Mascarpone Cheese Recipes
You're going to have some leftover Mascarpone cheese, so here are a couple of recipes!
Chocolate Tiramisu cupcakes with Raspberry Mascarpone Whipped Cream Icing
- 1 chocolate cake mix * I use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 24 lady fingers *about 20- 24, however many come in the package you purchase
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 4 tbsp seedless raspberry jam *you can use regular raspberry jam if you can't get seedless
- 1 ½ tbsp Kahlua
- ⅓ cup Mascarpone cheese
- 3-4 tbsp piping gel
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 18 fresh raspberries
- 1 ounce semi- sweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with large cupcake liners.
- Mix cake mix, as per directions and add 1 Tblsp instant coffee granules to mix and beat in for another 30 seconds.
- Break each lady finger into 3-4 pieces and place in bottom of cupcake liner, dividing lady fingers between all cupcakes.
- Pour cake mix over lady finger, distributing evenly.
- Bake as per cake mix box directions. Cool.
- Beat whipping cream to soft peaks, then add raspberry jam, Kahlua, Mascarpone cheese, granulated sugar and piping gel (or gelatin) and beat to stiff peaks.
- Pipe icing on to the top of each cupcake with 1M tip (see VIDEO in notes)
- Add on raspberry to the top of each cupcake
- Grate chocolate with a small grater and sprinkle on the top of each cupcake
- Serve and enjoy!
More Mother's Day Recipes!
This recipe is part of The Country Cook Weekend Potluck!