Lazy Pierogi Casserole
Perogie Casserole with frozen perogies
If you are on the hunt for additional potluck recipes, follow my Potluck Ideas Board on Pinterest !
Pierogi Breakfast Casserole
- fresh dill
- light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with non- stick cooking spray.
- Chop the onions and cook in butter in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cut each perogy in half and place in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Pour the cooked onion in butter over the perogies, then add the bacon bits.
- Squeeze the liquid out of the sauerkraut by placing it in a sieve and pushing the liquid out. Then chop into small pieces. Spread the sauerkraut over the perogies in the casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, hot mustard, eggs, dill and 1 cup of cheddar cheese (reserve ½ cup cheddar cheese). Mix thoroughly.
- Pour over perogies, then gently stir in. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese on top of casserole.
- Cook in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until egg is fluffy and no longer runny.
- Return to oven, turn up to broil (500 degrees F) for 1-2 minutes longer until cheese bubbles and browns slightly. Watch it carefully, as light/low fat cheese can burn very quickly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Or make-ahead and refrigerate overnight and reheat in the morning.
More Perogy Recipes!
This recipe is part of The Country Cook’s Weekend Potluck!