It's BBQ month so I'm celebrating with my favorite BBQ side salad. This Easy Vegan Bean Salad (gluten-free) is the easiest and quickest bean salad ever! Made with canned beans, only 6 ingredients and ready in only 5 minutes, it's not only my fave go-to summer salad recipes, it's Weight Watchers friendly!
It's packed with fibre, protein and good fat (unsaturated) and has a delicious tangy dressing. I make this most often when we're throwing something on the BBQ and I need a quick and healthy barbecue side dish. If you're looking for easy vegan side dishes for bbq, you'll love this recipe!
This easy vegan bean salad is sooo easy (made with canned mixed beans) and so good that even your meat loving friends will adore it! And you only need 6 ingredients!
- canned mixed beans medley
- canned green beans
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- white granulated sugar
- red wine vinegar
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Sugar- you can use agave instead of sugar if you prefer (it's vegan and gluten-free) or maple syrup
- Red wine vinegar - you can use white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar as a substitute
- Oil- you can use vegetable oil instead of olive (although extra virgin olive oil is best)
- Beans - you can use different types of beans. *The canned bean mixture I use has red kidney beans, chick peas (aka garbanzo beans), romano beans and great northern beans. You could also use black beans, navy beans, pinto beans or cannellini beans
- Add-ins -red onion, bell peppers, fresh herbs
Making this easy recipe is as simple as draining the beans and mixing everything together - that's it!
👪 Serving Size
This canned bean salad recipe serves 10 people (½ cup serving) but can be cut in half or doubled or even tripled for a very large crowd! Simply click on the blue serving number in the recipe card and the amounts will adjust accordingly.
This recipe is Weight Watchers friendly @ 4 WW pts per ½ cup serving on my plan (as you don't eat all the dressing). You can plug it into the recipe builder on the app to see how much it is on your plan.
Store this mixed bean salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can make this recipe a couple of days in advance, as well. These ingredients do not freeze well.
I love this easy side salad with a quick BBQ meat like pork steak (pictured above)! It's the fastest and easiest salad around to take along to a summer BBQ, potluck or picnic. And if you are vegan, then just skip the meat, of course! It goes well with veggie burgers and grilled fresh corn.
Did you make this easy vegan canned bean salad recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
Here's what others are saying: "This made the best side dish with our barbecue dinner last night! Definitely adding this to the dinner line up for next week!"⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
📋 Easy Vegan Bean Salad recipe
- 2 -14 oz cans cut green beans drained
- 3 -19 oz -cans of beans (I use a mixed bean/bean medley with red kidney beans, chick peas, romano beans, great northern white beans) drained
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Pour everything into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Serve.