This delicious Crustless Pumpkin Pie in a Cup is made in your microwave so when you want a quick and healthy snack, it's ready in just a few minutes. It's not only healthier, it's WW friendly and gluten-free and makes a great dessert or snack!
Pumpkin Pie in a Cup is popular during the fall and holiday season when pumpkins are in season. This was inspired by my Crustless Pumpkin Pie on this site. I created it because sometimes you just don't want to make a whole pumpkin pie, nor do you want the calories of a regular pumpkin pie in a mug (this is only 6 ww points) and it's a quick and easy way to get your pumpkin pie fix. It's also Ideal for using up a little bit of leftover pumpkin puree (it only uses ½ a cup).
You will need the following ingredients for this Pumpkin pie in a mug recipe:
- ½ - cup pumpkin purée *Do NOT use pumpkin pie filling *You can use canned pumpkin purée or make your own pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (I use light)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep: Spray an 8-14 oz mug with non-stick cooking spray
Add all ingredients to mug.
Mix well with a fork or whisk.
Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 3 minutes. (based on 1200 watt microwave)
Let it stand for at least 5 minutes. If you dig your spoon into the bottom of the mug, pull some pie out and it's still wet or runny, pop it back into the microwave for 15 second intervals until it's done (max 3 mins).
*The top should be cracked and the texture should look like cooked pumpkin pie.
Let cool for at least 5 minutes, then top with light whipped cream or whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Serve it warm or cold (I prefer it cold).
HINT: You can speed up the cooling process by popping it in the freezer!
You will need any microwave-safe mug (that's 8-14 oz ) and a microwave to make this pumpkin pie in a mug.
Store leftovers right in the mug in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. If you are just storing overnight, simply cover the mug with plastic wrap.
👪 Serving Size
This simple recipe makes 1 serving. However, it is a pretty big serving. You could share it with someone else. Or you can double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
This easy recipe is Weight Watchers friendly @ 6 WWs points, whereas a typical homemade or store-bought slice of traditional pumpkin pie is 14 ww points. Pumpkin pie cravings can be strong and you don't want to blow the bank on 1 slice, or have to make a whole impossible pumpkin pie, so this is a great way to satisfy that craving! You get the taste of pumpkin pie, minus the points of classic pumpkin pie, and all without the fuss of actually baking one!
You could replace the sugar with monkfruit sweetenere to bring down the points in this microwave pumpkin pie in a mug. And if you don't mind using artificial sweeteners, you could use sugar-free syrup and a sugar replacement for the brown sugar.
Whipped Cream: *I also use a little of the light real whipped cream (in a spray bottle) because it's only 1 point for 4 tablespoons of this whipped cream and I love whipped cream! There are a couple of different brands you can buy that are only 1 point. Dairyland and Gay Lea are both brands that are WW friendly!
This Healthy Pumpkin Pie in a Mug would be ideal after a light Thanksgiving dinner. My Baked Cornish Hens (with Rosemary Wine Sauce) or my Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Quinoa Cranberry Stuffing (shown) would be the perfect pairing!
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw egg
- Wash hands after touching raw egg
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- Never leave cooking food unattended
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
If you're looking for a healthier single serving pumpkin pie, are following the WW program and/or have gluten sensitivities, you'll love this one!
And if you're in search of additional lighter pumpkin desserts, try my Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake (with Oreo Crust)! And if you're a fan of mug cakes, try my 2 ww point Microwave Chocolate Banana Mug Cake!
MORE WW RECIPES! To see full recipe menu, click HERE!
📋Crustless Pumpkin Pie in a Cup recipe
- Prep: Spray an 8-14 oz mug with non-stick cooking spray
- Add all ingredients to mug.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Microwave roughly 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 3 minutes.Let it stand for at least 5 minutes. If you dig your spoon into the bottom of the mug, pull some pie out and it's still wet or runny, pop it back into the microwave for 15 second intervals until it's done (max 3 mins).*The top should be cracked and the texture should look like cooked pumpkin pie.
- Top with whipped cream (see TOP TIP) and cinnamon, if desired. Serve warm or cold (I prefer it cold) HINT: *Speed up cooling by popping it in the freezer!