If you haven't heard of this healthy Microwave Chocolate Banana Mug Cake, prepare to have your mind blown!
This WW mug cake is comprised of only a few ingredients, takes under 2 minutes to make, is flourless and will totally satisfy any chocolate craving. Whether you are following the Weight Watchers program or simply looking for a flourless, gluten-free and quick chocolate fix, this cake is unbelievably delicious! And it's only 2 Weight Watchers points on the blue plan, made with real and natural ingredients and without any artificial sweetener! Considering a piece of store bought chocolate cake with icing is 25 points, I'm all about this option!
I'm a bit of a chocoholic and it's one thing I will NOT give up. And the great thing about WW is that you don't have to! And this WW mug cake is one of those Weight Watchers recipes that is very satisfying in an IMMEDIATE kind of way. So, if you want chocolate and you want it STAT, you'll love this Microwave chocolate mug cake recipe.
You only need a few ingredients for flourless chocolate mug cake:
- banana (should be ripe, but you can use overripe)
- almond extract
- agave (you can substitute honey)
I also use a little of the light real whipped cream (in a spray bottle) because it's only 1 point for 4 tbsp of this whipped cream and I love whipped cream! There are a couple of different brands you can buy that are only 1 point (see Recipe NOTES)
👪 Serving Size
This cake is also super moist, fudgy, rich and filling. And you really can't even taste the banana.
- If you don't want to eat it out of the mug, just switch to a bowl, which is also great for sharing. My daughter and I shared this dessert and it was more than satisfying!
- I have also used a very large mug, doubled the recipe and put some aside for a couple of days later.
- Or make it in a large mug and share it between the whole family! My kids love this 'cake'!
I love that I always have these ingredients for this banana and egg mug cake on hand as well. If I have a craving for chocolate, I can quickly whip this up in no time.
Watch me whip me up this ww mug cake in no time in this Pinterest VIDEO Pin!
This Weight Watchers Microwave Chocolate Banana Mug Cake is the perfect snack or dessert when you are trying to stay on track but are also in immediate need of chocolate! You will be blown away not only by how simple it is, but by how delicious it is!
📋 Microwave Chocolate Banana Mug Cake Recipe
- 1 banana mashed
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp agave syrup * can substitute honey but will need to use a little more to get the same level of sweetness (adjust points accordingly)
- light whipped cream (if desired)
- Spray an 8-10 oz microwave safe mug with non stick cooking spray.
- Mash banana with a fork. *I like to do this in a bowl, then pour into the mug (it's less messy)
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared mug.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Cool and enjoy with a dollop of light whipped cream, if desired ( 1 WW blue point)
*NOTE: Dairyland and Gay Lea are both brands that are only 1 WW point on the blue plan