When you're on the WW program you eat a lot of eggs. Don't get me wrong, I adore eggs. And I could eat eggs until the cows come home, but I need to mix up my egg routine.
And under normal conditions, I don't have a lot of time for breakfast. So this Microwave Omelette in a Mug is the perfect quick and easy breakfast for me to make before work and for the kids ( before school) @ 0 points on the blue program! Even if you're not on Weight Watchers, this breakfast is a great healthy start to your day!
My husband worked in kitchens as a cook when we were younger and he made a lot of omelettes! He's a real pro when it comes to omelette making and makes it look effortless. When I make an omelette, I get too impatient, flip too soon and my omelettes inevitably fall apart. Microwave Omelettes are ideal because you don't have to flip them, nor can they fall apart.
I love using the microwave for shortcuts and shortcut recipes whenever I can. One of my go to breakfasts on WW has been microwaving egg whites and adding green onions and salsa to them - it's 0 points on the blue plan! You can buy the cartons of egg whites at the grocery store and it's great portable scrambled eggs breakfast you can bring to work. The bonus is that you don't have to waste a bunch of egg yolks!
Mug recipes are great because they are 1 serving. You can tailor them to individual preferences and they take mere minutes to whip together! If you like mug recipes, you'll LOVE my WW Microwave Chocolate Banana Mug Cake! It's only 2 WW points on the blue plan and totally satisfies any chocolate craving! But what I love the most is that that it's homemade, healthy and takes under 2 minutes to get my chocolate fix.
Zero point Weight Watchers Recipes
Low-fat cheddar cheese doesn't register as a point until you have 2 tbsp worth and I only use 1.5 tbsp in this recipe. That's why this is a 0 WW point food. I love eating 0 point breakfasts because it leaves lots of points for the rest of the day!
If you're looking for more zero point WW recipes, check these out!
So, if you're looking for a quick and easy breakfast to add to your healthy eating plan, give this Mug Omelette a try!
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
Microwave Omelette in a Mug
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1.5 tbsp low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray a large microwave safe mug (12 to 16 ounces) with non-stick cooking spray
- Crack 3 eggs into the mug,
- Add 1 tablespoon of water, green onion, black olives, grated cheese and beat with a fork.
- Microwave for 30 second then remove and whisk with fork.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds, remove again and whisk again.
- Return to the microwave and cook for another 40 seconds (* This worked for my 1200 W microwave but you many need more or less time, depending on the wattage of your microwave)
- Garnish with salsa, if desired