This Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipe is my favorite kind of slow cooker recipe - dump and go! And it's very Weight Watchers friendly at 0 WW points!
There is no precooking to deal with and it uses pantry ingredients you have on hand. I even put my chicken breasts in frozen. It's healthy, easy, family-friendly, and the ultimate in Weight Watchers friendly! But the best part is that it tastes so good no one will even suspect it's Weight Watchers. This recipe inspired my Crockpot Cowboy Casserole.
There are quite a few Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipes out there, but I love this one because it's quick and easy, using:
- chicken breast
- canned beans
- salsa * I use salsa instead of canned tomatoes because salsa gives it more flavor
- taco seasoning
💭 Top tip
I throw the chicken breasts in whole and frozen, then chop them up afterward. But you can do that in advance if you prefer. You can also shred the chicken if that's your preference. I don't do this recipe as shredded chicken, as it takes additional time.
This Mexican Chicken Breast recipe is a great way to mix things up! When you're following the Weight program you end up eating a lot of chicken and it can get real boring real quick.
- This recipe also makes a great filling for chicken tacos (with low-point tortillas)
- It can be served over rice, cauliflower rice, or eaten on its own.
- You can spruce it up with toppings like fat-free sour cream and low-fat cheddar cheese as well (just adjust for points).
- It's great for meal prep, as well.
I love slow cooker recipes, but especially ones that are Weight Watchers friendly! My Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is another of my favorite Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes. It's a rich, creamy, and hearty stew that's not only pure comfort food, but it's quick to make.
I usually overindulge on the weekend and need to balance it all out during the week and that's typically the day before weigh day. This Weight Watchers Crock-pot chicken is perfect because it's so low in points. My Weight Watchers Sheet Pan Salmon is another recipe I created for the same purpose - zero points!
You will need a slow cooker for this Weight Watchers slow cooker recipe. I love my 6 quart Hamilton beach slow cooker. (affiliate links).
Store leftover WW Crock pot Mexican chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
👪 Serving Size
This Mexican chicken makes 6 servings. However, you can also double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
So, if you're looking for Weight Watchers crock pot recipes, you'll love this one!
📋 Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Recipe
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts * I use frozen
- 1 ounce -package of taco seasoning (I use reduced sodium) *about an ounce package or 24-28 g
- 19 oz -can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 12 oz -can of corn rinsed and drained
- 2 cups -of salsa * I use Pace Picante (medium)
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped * You can substitute 1.5 teaspoon dried cilantro but it's so much better with fresh!
- 1 small onion chopped
- additional fresh cilantro
- fat free sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low about 5-6 hours. (Your cooking time may vary) until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, as tacos with low carb tortillas, fat free shredded cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream. Adjust points accordingly
And be sure to check out my other WW Sunday Dinner Recipes!