This Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipe is my favorite kind of slow cooker recipe - dump and go!
There is no precooking to deal with and it uses pantry ingredients you have on hand. I even put my chicken breasts in frozen. It's healthy, easy, family friendly and the ultimate in Weight Watchers friendly @ 0 points, yes that's ZERO points, on the blue plan! But the best part is that it tastes so good no one will even suspect it's Weight Watchers.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Recipes
There are quite a few Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipes out there, but I love this one because it's quick and easy, using chicken breast, canned beans, corn, salsa and taco seasoning. I use salsa instead of canned tomatoes because it gives it more flavor. I throw the chicken breasts in whole and frozen, then chop them up afterwards. But you can do that in advance if you prefer. You can also shred the chicken if that's your preference. I don't do this recipe as shredded chicken, as it takes additional time.
Mexican Chicken Breast Recipe
This Mexican Chicken Breast recipe is a great way to mix things up! When you're following the Weight program you end up eating a lot of chicken and it can get real boring real quick. This recipe also makes a great filling for chicken tacos (with low point tortillas) and can be served over rice, cauliflower rice or eaten on its own. You can spruce it up with toppings like fat-free sour cream and low-fat cheddar cheese as well (just adjust for points). And if you're looking for additional WW chicken recipes, see the bottom of this post (under the recipe card)
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes
I love slow cooker recipes, but especially ones that are Weight Watchers friendly! My Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is another one of my favorite Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes. It's a rich, creamy and hearty stew that's not only pure comfort food, but it's quick to make and only 8 WW points on the blue plan!
Weight watchers Crock-pot Chicken
I usually overindulge on the weekend and need to eat at least one zero point meal to balance it all out during the week and that's typically the day before weigh day. This Weight Watchers Crock-pot chicken is perfect because it's 0 points, yes ZERO points, on the blue plan! My Weight Watchers Asian Sheet Pan Salmon is another recipe I created for the same purpose - it's also zero points.
If you're looking for a really fast and healthy dinner to keep you on track and that you can throw together in 10 minutes before you head out the door in the morning, then this is for you!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken - WW friendly!
- slow cooker
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts * I use frozen
- 1 ounce -package of taco seasoning (I use reduced sodium) *about an ounce package or 24-28 g
- 19 oz -can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 12 oz -can of corn rinsed and drained
- 2 cups -of salsa * I use Pace Picante (medium)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped * You can substitute 1.5 tsp dried cilantro but it's so much better with fresh!
- 1 small onion chopped
- additional fresh cilantro
- fat free sour cream
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low about 5-6 hours. (Your cooking time may vary) until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, as tacos with low carb tortillas, fat free shredded cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream. Adjust points accordingly
More Weight watchers chicken recipes!
This recipe is part of The Country Cook Weekend Potluck