This post contains some affiliate links (See Disclosure Policy)
As I stood in the porch waiting, I could hear my friend’s Mom calling from the kitchen, “I’m just getting my dinner ready- be there in a minute…” And as she rounded the corner, carrying an enormous, heaping plate of nachos that would put any pub to shame, I have to admit that I was a little surprised.
I love nachos and actually having them as dinner was definitely up there in my top 10 childhood fantasies, but in good conscience, I certainly couldn’t call them dinner. But healthy nachos for breakfast?! YES PLEASE! And that’s exactly what these Mexican Sheet Pan Eggs with Tortilla Toast taste like! Quick, easy, healthy and delicious 2 WW freestyle smart points per serving, including tortilla toast chips (4 chips)!
Sheet pan breakfast
Healthy eggs are paired with Mexican nacho flavors like salsa, black olive, green onion, jalapeno and low-fat cheddar cheese for a quick and easy weekday morning breakfast, weekend brunch or even dinner. This breakfast can also be made ahead, as it keeps for 3 days in the fridge. For those that like it less spicy, simply skip the jalapeno. This recipe is also vegetarian and gluten-free. And this is the easiest and tastiest way to make sunny side up eggs in the oven!
Nachos for breakfast or dinner
It was just not what I’d have expected from someone’s parent. And yeah, as a kid, I would have been seriously envious of that dinner. However, as a semi-responsible young adult, I was taken aback when she actually referred to it as dinner. Don’t get me wrong, I have eaten my share of junk food dinners, especially as a starving student in University. But I would never try to convince myself or anyone else that nachos were actually a respectable dinner. Nor would I refer to it as dinner in front of my kids or my kids’ friends (I’m attempting to set a good example here.) However, this healthy Nacho Sheet Pan Eggs is not just respectable breakfast, it’s a respectable Weight Watchers friendly breakfast or dinner!
Tortilla toast (gluten-free)
I like to have toast with my eggs, so tortilla toast seemed like the perfect addition to this Mexican breakfast! Tortillas are baked, then cut into wedges and are perfect for dipping!
I can’t say I haven’t eaten my share of nachos and equally bad for me junk food over that span of time we refer to as dinner, but I guess I have always defined dinner as non junk food; it’s just been ingrained in me. And however judgy this may sound, cause I know it does, you have to realize that what I write on this blog is actually my inside voice, so I’m pretty candid.
I’m sure we can all agree that one of the best things about being an adult is eating what you want when you want, but that still doesn’t mean you get to call it dinner! However, if you want to feel like you’re eating nachos for dinner, yet know you’re eating a respectable and healthy dinner, then give these Mexican Sheet Pan Eggs a try!
* Disclaimer: No offense intended if you’ve ever considered or referred to nachos as dinner
If you like this recipe, then give my Two Cheese Tuna Mexi Melts
Mexican Sheet Pan Eggs
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- additional salsa (optional)
Tortilla Toast chips
- 6 -6 inch tortillas gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a 11 x 17 sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully crack eggs into the sheet pan. Try to spread them out the best you can, but they will go where they want to go so don't worry! Add 2 tsps of water dribbling between eggs, spreading as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle on jalepenos, black olives, salsa, green onion, then cheese, distributing evenly over cracked eggs.
- Bake eggs for 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately. * If you like the yolks a little firmer, then cook for longer (you will need to keep an eye on it)
- Add additional salsa and sour cream if desired.
- Bake tortillas for 4-6 minutes (while eggs are baking) until lightly browned. Cool, then cut each tortilla into 6 pieces. Spread with guacamole, if desired.