This healthy Roasted Red Pepper Egg White Bites recipe is delicious, easy to make and can be made ahead for busy mornings! It's also Weight Watchers friendly @ 1 point per egg bite.
These Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Egg Bites are a great recipe for meal prep for a quick breakfast. They were inspired by my love of Starbuck's egg white bites. This copycat recipe pairs well with Air Fryer Turkey Sausage, and they make a great healthy breakfast or brunch.
I really wanted these egg white bites to taste as close to Starbucks as possible so I used the same ingredients they use, minus the artificial ingredients (as listed on their website). It did take me a few tries to get the quantities right, but I think I nailed it! You will need the following simple ingredients for this easy breakfast:
- egg whites *I use store-bought liquid egg whites
- dry cottage cheese/dry curd cottage cheese (this is known as Farmer's cheese in the U.S.)
- Monterey jack cheese shredded
- light feta cheese
- fat-free parmesan cheese
- roasted red peppers *I use jarred
- frozen spinach defrosted, with liquid squeezed out and finely chopped - 3 nuggets
- green onions
- teaspoon salt (not shown)
*See recipe card for quantities.
PREP: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) and prepare a muffin pan by very generously coating it with non-stick spray. *It is VERY IMPORTANT to spray a generous amount of cooking spray in the muffin cups to prevent sticking!
Add egg whites, dry cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, jack cheese, feta cheese together in blender.
Blend for 1 minute on high.
Chop the roasted red pepper and spinach and onions.
Mix into the blended ingredients with a spoon (but do NOT turn on the blender and blend anymore!)
Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling to ¾ full.
*Try to distribute the vegetables as evenly as possible.
Bake for 25- 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) until lightly browned on edges, with an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing egg bites and enjoy warm! (they will puff up while baking, but they will deflate a little as they cool- this is normal).
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Egg Whites -you can use whole eggs - a 16 ounce container (2 cups) of eggs whites is equal to about 15 egg whites. (*See Top Tip for what to do with leftover egg yolks)
- Red pepper - you can use regular red bell pepper or yellow bell peppers instead of roasted pepper, but you need to sauté them or roast them before adding them to this dish
- Monterey Jack Cheese - you could use cheddar cheese as a substitute
- Cottage Cheese - you can use regular cottage cheese if you can't find dry curd cottage cheese/Farmer's cheese- just be sure to drain it first
- Spinach - I use frozen spinach for convenience, but you could use fresh spinach instead
- Spicy - add a little of your favorite hot sauce, such as sriracha
These are my favorite dishes to serve with these mini egg bites:
You don't need any special equipment for this recipe, but you will need a 12-cup muffin pan and a 6-cup metal non-stick muffin pan. You could also use a silicone molds for this egg bite recipe. Although some recipes insist you have to use a silicone muffin mold, I didn't have one, nor did I want to fuss with getting one and doing the whole water bath process.
Fridge: Store these breakfast egg muffins in an airtight container it the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: you can freeze these for up to 3 months wrapped individually with plastic wrap, then placed in a ziploc freezer bag or freezer container. They will shrink a little, but still taste great!
Reheat from frozen: Heat them from frozen in the microwave for 40-50 seconds.
👪 Serving Size
This egg cups recipe makes 18 servings. However, you can cut the recipe half by a third or, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
This lightened up version of Starbucks Egg White and Roasted Red Pepper Bites are 60 calories compared to Starbucks egg bites at 170 calories. And they are Weight Watchers friendly @ 1 WW point each! They are packed with 6 g of protein per bite!
What to do with leftover egg yolks ?
You can also make Babka Ukrainian bread with your leftover egg yolks!
- When baking egg recipes, cook to an internal minimum temperature of 145 °F (63 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw egg/egg white
- Wash hands after touching raw egg/egg white
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- Never leave cooking food unattended
❔ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No, you don't. I use a regular muffin tin.
Eggs should be refrigerated for up to 3 day. However, they can frozen for up to 3 months.
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
If you're looking for more ways to use egg whites, give my Healthy Breakfast Pizza Recipe (Egg White Pizza) a try!
This easy recipe for Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites is perfect for a quick, healthy and delicious breakfast!
📋Roasted Red Pepper Egg White Bites Recipe
- 500 g -container of liquid egg whites (2 cups or 15 egg whites)
- ⅓ cup dry curd cottage cheese (Farmer's cheese)
- ¾ cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- ¾ cup light feta cheese
- ⅓ cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers diced *I use jarred (Mezzetta brand)
- ⅓ cup frozen spinach (3 nuggets) defrosted, with liquid squeezed out and finely chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
NOTE: The photos in this recipe card will NOT print unless you set them to print by selecting "recipe image"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) and generously coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. *It is VERY IMPORTANT to spray a generous amount of cooking spray in the muffin cups to prevent sticking
- Add egg whites, dry cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, jack cheese, feta cheese and salt together in blender.
- Blend for 1 minute on high.
- Chop the roasted red pepper, spinach and onions. Mix into the blended ingredients with a spoon, but do NOT turn on the blender and blend anymore!
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full with egg mixture, Try to evenly distribute the peppers, spinach and onion.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven until lightly browned, with an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the mold and enjoy warm! (they puff up while baking, but they will deflate a little- this is normal)
- Garnish with additional green onions and serve with salsa, if desired.