This Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini recipe (with cream of mushroom soup) is old fashioned comfort food that's easy to make and great for using up leftover spaghetti noodles and/or leftover turkey!
This healthy Turkey Tetrazzini is most popular during the colder months and when you have leftover Thanksgiving turkey. This recipe was inspired by my Easy Turkey Pot Pie (with cream of chicken soup) on this site, and pairs well with Italian Breadsticks.
For this turkey casserole, you don't need heavy cream or cream cheese to get a creamy sauce. Made with simple ingredients like chunks of turkey, spaghetti noodles, and frozen mixed vegetables, you'll find you have most (if not all) the ingredients on hand. For this healthier version, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Mushrooms: Using fresh mushrooms is critical to this recipe, as well as cooking them with the butter and onion
- 10 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup *see TOP TIP
- Milk- I use 1%
Prep: Preheat oven to 375°F (190 degrees C). If you are not using leftover spaghetti noodles, cook spaghetti according to package directions (al dente) and drain. Cook turkey and chop into bite-sized pieces (if not using cooked leftover turkey). Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix mushrooms, onions, butter and salt together in a medium bowl.
Cook for 5 minutes in microwave.
Transfer spaghetti noodles, mushrooms, butter and onion to a large bowl and stir in remainder of ingredients (except mozzarella cheese)
Transfer into prepared casserole dish
Add grated mozzarella cheese.
Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes until mushrooms and onions are cooked.
Turn up to 500 degrees F/260 degrees C (broil) for 2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.
If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
📖Variations & Substitutions
- Noodles - you can use any type of noodles such as thin spaghetti (spaghettini) angel hair pasta, or fettucine. You could also use whole wheat spaghetti noodles or a lighter WW noodle (see WW points section)
- Turkey - you could use leftover turkey, turkey breast, ground turkey, chicken breast or rotisserie chicken.
- Cheese- you can use cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese instead.
- Add-ins - you can add in bell pepper if you like.
🥗 Side Dishes
This turkey casserole pairs perfectly with a simple garlic toast. But here are a few of my favorite dishes to serve with turkey tetrazzini:
You will need a large bowl, a cutting board, a sharp knife, a 3 quart casserole dish,(affiliate link), a cheese grater and for this Tetrazzini casserole (see recipe card for equipment links and photos).
I highly recommend these silicone trivets from Thermoworks (affiliate link). They are the best trivets I've ever owned because they can withstand really high heat, are super durable and you can just pop them into the dishwasher!
Store leftover turkey tetrazzini in an airtight container in the fridge. If you are just storing a small amount or storing it overnight, you can cover it in plastic wrap. This recipe freezes well in a sealed container and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
👪 Serving Size
This easy turkey tetrazzini recipe makes 10 servings @ a little over a cup per serving. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust.
This recipe, as is, is 10 WW points per serving. You can lower the points to 7 ww points by using low-fat cream of mushroom soup, fat-free parmesan cheese, light butter, and a lower point noodle (such as Fiber gourmet light spaghetti, shredded spaghetti, or miracle noodles ) instead. *I calculated it on the WW app recipe builder using Fiber Gourmet light spaghetti.
You'll love this lightened-up version of the classic dish!
- Cook turkey breast to an internal minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- Never leave cooking food unattended
❔ Frequently Asked Questions
The original dish is believed to be named after Luisa Tetrazzini, and Italian opera star.
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
If you're looking for a Turkey Tetrazzini recipe that's healthy, one that uses up leftover holiday turkey, is delicious and easy, then give this one a try!
📋 Turkey Tetrazzini recipe (with cream of mushroom soup)
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter *unsalted
- 254 g -package of sliced mushrooms
- 10 oz -can cream of mushroom soup 10-½ ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup milk *I use 1%
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese * I use low-fat
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables, defrosted
- 2 teaspoon garlic (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese * I use partly skimmed
- fresh parsley optional
NOTE: The photos in this recipe card will NOT print unless you set them to print by selecting "recipe image"
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190 degrees C). If you are not using leftover spaghetti noodles, cook spaghetti according to package instructions (al dente) and drain. Cook turkey and chop into bite-sized pieces (if not using cooked leftover turkey).
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine mushrooms, onions, butter and salt in medium microwave safe bowl.
- Cook mushrooms and onions in butter and salt for 5 minutes in microwave.
- Transfer spaghetti noodles, mushrooms mixture to a large bowl and stir in remainder of ingredients (except mozzarella cheese).
- Spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes (or until mushrooms and onions are cooked through.)
- Turn up to 500 degrees F/260 degrees C (broil) for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned - keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley.