Over the last several years I’ve watched my kids eat a lot of ice cream. And I’ll admit, at times it was painful. That’s one of the not-so-fun parts of being an adult.
Don’t we all grow up thinking, “when I grow up I can finally eat all the ice cream I want!” ? But then you arrive at adulthood and you’re like, “wait a minute…no, actually, I can’t eat all the ice cream I want. That is, unless I want to live with the negative consequences that accompany that behavior.” Nature can be really cruel. Fortunately, one of the great parts of being an adult is eating these Strawberry Drumstick Frozen Yogurt Cups. They taste like a strawberry drumstick but they’re good for you!
Weight Watchers Desserts Frozen
I love drumsticks, but rarely indulge in them because they aren’t exactly healthy and are a whopping 9+ Weight Watchers freestyle smart points. That’s why I like to create Weight Watchers Desserts that are frozen. This frozen yogurt cup version is like a dream come true for the health conscious adult!
Loaded with real ingredients, natural and delicious strawberry flavor, they are easy to make, taste just like a strawberry drumstick and are super satisfying. But the best part is…wait for it…. they are only 3 Weight Watchers smart points (on the blue plan) each! Yes, that’s 1/3 the points of a regular ice cream drumstick! And they have all the health benefits of fresh strawberries and Greek yogurt. I guess being an adult isn’t so bad after all….
Healthy Frozen Yogurt
And honestly, it no longer bothers me to watch my kids inhale ice cream because I know I have yummier, healthier and Weight Watchers friendly frozen treats like these healthy frozen yogurt cups, as well as my Weight Watchers Black Forest Ice Cream Sandwiches and my WW Rocky Road Froyo Bark waiting for me in my freezer!
Easy to make and oh so satisfying, these healthy frozen yogurt cups are also kid friendly and I’m pleased to say, totally KID APPROVED! And believe me, my kids are a tough crowd when it comes to taste testing healthy frozen stuff. But they completely inhaled these and even begged for more!
So, if you LOVE strawberries and drumsticks, but want a super satisfying frozen yogurt treat that’s healthy and won’t break your WW points bank, then give these frozen yogurt cups a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Strawberry Drumstick Frozen Yogurt Cups
- food processor
- 2 tbsp caramel sundae sauce
- Line an 18 muffin tin (or 6 and 12) with paper muffins liners.
- Crush the the waffle cones with your hands or in a bag with a rolling pin to crush into small pieces (not crumbs).
- Divide crushed waffles cones evenly between 18 cups.
- Hull and chop half of the 454 g container of strawberries and add those to food processor (reserving the other half of the container of whole strawberries for the topping)
- Puree the half container of chopped and hulled strawberries
- Mix yogurt, agave, mini chocolate chips and pureed strawberries together in a large bowl.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into each cup over crushed waffle cones, dividing evenly by all 18.
- Hull the remaining half container of strawberries and slice in half. Top each yogurt cup with 1/2 a strawberry, pushing it slightly into the yogurt. Then drizzle with caramel sauce, dividing caramel between all 18 cups.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until solid (I usually freeze them overnight).
- Serve frozen.*Use a butter knife or small spatula to loosen frozen yogurt cups from the muffin tin. The paper will come off each cup very easily.