January is all about Healthy Starts and smoothies are a great way to get a healthy and quick start to your day!
This smoothie is not only filled with healthy fruit (that is easy to access all year round), it also tastes like cookies. And as an added bonus, it's vegan!
For this recipe, you'll need:
- ground ginger (spice)
- butter extract (affiliate link)
- vanilla extract
- frozen blueberries
- vanilla almond milk
- cultured coconut milk (plain) *Cultured coconut milk is a great dairy-free substitute for yogurt! I buy "So Delicious" brand cultured coconut milk - it's available at most grocery stores (near the almond milk).
- shredded coconut (shaved, shredded, sweetened or unsweetened)
📖 Variations & Substitutions
- Dairy: you can use Greek yogurt and add ½ teaspoon of coconut extract if you prefer to use dairy
- Blueberries: use frozen or fresh
- Almond Milk: you can use soy milk as a subsitute
💭 Top tip
I use frozen bananas for this recipe, as I always have lots in my freezer. When you’re freezing bananas, you'll want to peel them BEFORE you freeze them. It took me years, lots of minor frostbite from peeling frozen bananas and having frozen bananas as painful as frozen hockey pucks fall out of the freezer onto my toes, before I discovered this very logical way of freezing bananas!
You are going to need a blender for this recipe. See my Amazon recommendations in the recipe card.
You need to store this smoothie in the fridge. However, I would not keep it past 1 day, as it starts to taste a bit off, due to the banana flavor getting stronger. It will also discolor a little (again, due to the banana).
As far as I'm concerned, smoothies are the perfect busy morning food! You can throw everything in the blender and end up with a delicious, protein packed meal that's quick and ready to take on the road. This blueberry smoothie with almond milk also makes a great dessert (kid tested and approved)!
If you love healthy and delicious smoothies, then give my Raspberry Gingerbread Smoothie a try! (it can also be made dairy-free)
So, if you're looking for a blueberry smoothie without yogurt, give this one a try!
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
🥤 Vegan Blueberry Cookie Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Tblsp shaved or shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth, then sprinkle on coconut to garnish.