Easy Black Forest Trifle
This easy, NO BAKE, 5 ingredient Black Forest Trifle makes a great last minute dessert and is perfect for summer or anytime of the year! It's also a great for feeding a crowd or bringing along to a potluck!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 people
- 12 -99g containers of prepared chocolate pudding * they come in 4 packs called 'Snack packs' (this is equivalent to 5 cups )
- 2 -300g chocolate loaf cake or pound cake * if you can't find this, you can use a defrosted frozen McCain's deep and delicious cake with the frosting scraped off
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp kirsch * optional
- 2 -540 ml cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 -473 ml container whipping cream
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 ounce shaved chocolate
- cocktail cherries (with stems) -optional
Break cake into pieces and add half to the bottom
Then add half of the pudding (6 containers)
Mix the kirsch with the cherries, if using.
Add half the cherries on top of the pudding
Cover with saran wrap or Glad Press n' Seal. ***This is completely shelf safe at this point and doesn't need refrigeration.
Before serving (or in advance), beat whipping cream to soft peaks, add the white granulated sugar and then beat to stiff peaks.
Top with whipped cream.
Shave chocolate, as shown.
Garnish with shaved chocolate
Add maraschino cocktail cherries, if desired.
Refrigerate after adding whipped cream if not serving immediately.