You won't believe how good for you these No Bake Chocolate Avocado Mousse & Strawberry Mini Desserts are, but also how quick and easy they are to make!
And although they look elegant, they will only take you about 15 minutes to put together. They are also perfect for Valentine's Day and taste amazing! I love mini desserts because you still get your dessert fix, but in a small portion @ only 3 WW point on the blue plan. They are also vegetarian and gluten-free. And you have to admit- they look really cool!
Dessert on a Spoon
I saw a similar dessert on a spoon at an event earlier this year and fell in love with them! But I decided I'd make them healthier by using a chocolate avocado mousse, fresh strawberries, dark chocolate and coconut. I love how these spoon size desserts give you that sweet satisfaction, but with only a little indulgence!
That's what's so great about mini desserts- you get your dessert fix but can still stay on track with your health goals and they still satisfy. They are only 3 Weight Watchers smart points (blue plan) each and worth every single delicious point!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Avocados are healthy, but they are not necessarily low-fat. But fat is not a bad thing here -avocados have 160 calories and 15 grams of healthy fats. And although they contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber, so there are only 2 "net" carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food. You can read more about the healthy benefits of avocados HERE.
Avocado mousse is simply made with avocado, milk, cocoa, almond extract and sweetener. In this recipe I use agave, as it's a natural, unrefined sweetener. Agave is sweeter than table sugar, rich in fructose and also slightly higher in carbs (with 5 grams per teaspoon vs. 4 grams in table sugar.) But because agave tastes a hint sweeter, you might be able to use a little less to get the same amount of sweetness. You can read more about agave HERE.
Healthy Valentine's Day desserts
Valentine's Day is all about chocolate and strawberries, so this is a great way to enjoy both without falling off the wagon.
If you're looking for another healthy strawberry chocolate Valentine's Day dessert, then check out my SKINNY STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE VALENTINE’S DAY CAKE: A HEALTHY & LIGHT DESSERT
Happy Valentine's Day!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse & Strawberry Mini Desserts
- food processor
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 6-8 strawberries
- 14 half squares of dark chocolate bar * I use Lindt supreme dark chocolate (90% cocao)
- unsweetened coconut
- 6-8 whole strawberries
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and put into a small blender or food processor.
- Add the agave, cocoa powder, vanilla, milk and almond extract. Blend until very smooth.
- Cut 7 strawberries in half and put ½ a strawberry (sliced side up with stem) on bottom of spoon.
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a IM tip full of avocado chocolate mousse. Pipe a dollop of mousse onto each strawberry half (as you would onto a cupcake) SEE VIDEO in NOTES * If you don't have a piping bag and tip, you can use a ziplock bag (just cut off one corner) and pipe the mousse in a circular motion.
- Cut each square of chocolate in half. Add a half piece of chocolate to each strawberry spoon.
- Remove remaining strawberry stems and finely chop strawberries, then sprinkle a few pieces on top of mousse, placing in front of chocolate bar piece.
- Garnish with sprinkles of coconut (on top) and whole strawberries on the plate.