These Honey Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an incredibly healthy quick dinner. If you are looking for recipes for chicken breast, leftover chicken or easy dinner recipes, these are the best!
These sriracha chicken lettuce wraps are a great recipe for any time of the year, but especially for back to school and busy weeknights. This easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe is a family favorite in my house. And they are Weight Watchers friendly @ 4 WW points on my plan. Plug it into the app to see how much they are on your plan.
For this easy honey sriracha chicken wrap recipe, you'll need:
- olive oil
- boneless chicken breasts
- shredded carrots
- green onions
- soy sauce
- sriracha hot sauce
- vermicelli noodles
- lettuce leaves
*See recipe card for quantities
📋Variations & Substitutions
- Hot Sauce- you can use a sweet Thai chili sauce to change it up!
- Chicken - you can use chicken breast, chicken thighs, chicken tenders or leftover chicken
- Noodles -you can use vermicelli, angel hair, egg noodles or ramen noodle - whatever you have on hand!
- Lettuce - I use green leaf lettuce but you can use bibb lettuce, even head lettuce, butter lettuce or whatever kind of lettuce you prefer (using a smaller variety of lettuce with smaller leaves will result in something more like a lettuce cup)
- Spicy - if you like spicier - add more sriracha! The spiciness of this dish is dictated by the spiciness of the sriracha (how much you add).
- Onions - you can substitute red onions for the green onions
- Carrots - you can grate them (use fresh or frozen - see Top Tip) or use matchstick carrots
- Oil- you could use sesame oil, canola oil or another type of oil besides olive oil
- Sweetener -if you don't have honey, you can substitute agave (use half the amount) or maple syrup (use the same amount)
I shred a lot of carrots at once in my food processor (affiliate link). If you have a 13+ cup food processor, you can shred a 2 lb bag of carrots at one time without emptying the bowl. Then I freeze them in 2 cup bags. When I go to make this these sriracha chicken lettuce wraps (I always double it because my family loves it that much) I just defrost the carrots in the microwave, drain them and throw them in! I use the rest of the frozen shredded carrots for my Healthy Carrot Bread, Award-Winning Creamy Carrot Soup and Healthy Carrot Muffins with Pineapple.
- The chicken can be stored with the sauce in and airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Keep the noodles and lettuce stored in a separate containers in the fridge. * You can store the noodles for a short time in the sauce, but after 24 hours they absorb the sauce and swell up.
- This chicken noodle mixture freezes well for up to 3 months, if you freeze it shortly after making it (before the noodles absorb the sauce and swell).
👪 Serving Size
This honey sriracha chicken lettuce wrap recipe serves 10. However, you can also cut this recipe in half or double or triple it by adjusting the serving size on the recipe card. Just click on the serving size (it's highlighted in blue) and select the number of servings you’d like and the ingredient amounts will adjust accordingly.
You will need a large skillet (affiliate link) or sauté pan and a medium sized pot for these shredded chicken lettuce wraps.
This Honey Sriracha Chicken recipe is Weight Watchers friendly @ 4 WW points on my plan. You can click HERE to find out how many points they are on your personal plan!
- Cook chicken to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C) . Temperature is the very best way to check for doneness. I use this instant read thermometer- (affiliate link) it's great for everything food related!
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched the raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
So if you're looking for healthy recipes or a quick and easy chicken breast recipe, you'll love these Honey Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
Did you LOVE this Sriracha Chicken lettuce wrap recipe? If so, please leave a 5 star rating and comment below!
Here's what others are saying: "I have made these twice now exactly as the recipe states and my family loves them!!!" ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
📋 Honey Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or leftover chicken skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped diced
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 3 cloves of garlic minced (can substitute prepared minced or pureed garlic from jar)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce I use low sodium
- 2-3 tablespoons of Sriracha chili sauce add more or less to taste
- 2 cups cooked vermicelli noodles
- 10 lettuce leaves I use green leaf lettuce but you can use bib lettuce, even head lettuce, whatever you prefer
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat, and add the olive oil and cubed chicken.
- Add the carrots and green onions to the chicken.
- Whisk garlic, soy sauce, sriracha sauce and honey together in a small bowl. Then add to pan and combine.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until carrots are softened and chicken is cooked through
- Meanwhile cook vermicelli noodles according to package directions. When done, drain and set aside.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes longer or until desired thickness is reached.
- Add noodles to sauce and combine.
- Spoon onto washed and dried lettuce leaves. Serve immediately