Christmas season is upon us and that means two wonderful things - eggnog and baking! These Mocha Eggnog Cheesecake Bars are a delicious combination of a creamy filling with eggnog, toffee bits, coffee and cream cheese, baked over a scrumptious Oreo cookie crust!
Eggnog is such a popular holiday treat that I wanted to create an eggnog cheesecake recipe that could be a simple dessert for a baking tray, part of a holiday dessert bar or even an edible gift. This recipe was inspired by my Mini Eggnog Trifle (no bake), is very popular during the holiday season and is the perfect addition to your Christmas dessert tray! These creamy cheesecake bars are a nice change from traditional cheesecake.
For these eggnog Christmas squares, you'll need:
- Oreo baking crumbs
- unsalted butter
- white granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- light cream cheese
- all-purpose flour
- instant coffee
- toffee bits *I use Skor toffee bits
- chocolate covered espresso beans (garnish)
- powdered sugar (icing sugar)
See recipe card for quantities.
This eggnog cheesecake recipe is quick and easy. You pour a cheesecake mixture onto a simple baked Oreo cookie crust and bake for a few more minutes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8X13-inch (lasagna) baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix melted butter and Oreo baking crumbs together until well incorporated. Press into bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat eggnog for approximately1 minute in microwave, remove, then dissolve coffee granules in eggnog.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add white granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, then eggnog mixed with coffee, flour, and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Fold in Skor bits.
- Pour cheesecake layer over crust. Bake until set 20 - 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, then cut into 16 bars.
Sprinkle powdered sugar, additional cinnamon and additional toffee bits on top. Place a chocolate covered espresso bean on top.
Hint: Use a cake tester (affiliate link) to be sure it's cooked through (it will come out clean). *25 minutes was ideal for me.
📖Substitutions & Variations
- Lighten it! use fat-free cream cheese and light eggnog
- Kid friendly - use decaffeinated coffee and skip the espresso covered coffee bean on top and substitute with a chocolate covered almond
You can store this eggnog cheesecake bar in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It can be frozen in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
This eggnog cheesecake recipe makes 16 servings. However, you can also cut the squares larger for 12 servings. And you can cut this recipe in half and put it in a smaller pan (8X8). Or you can double it by adjusting the serving size on the recipe card (you'll need 2 pans). You can even triple it for a lot of people. Simply click on the blue serving size (it's highlighted in blue) and select the number of servings you’d like and the ingredient amounts will adjust accordingly
If you are looking for eggnog cheesecake recipes and you're a coffee, chocolate and toffee lover, you're going to love the holiday flavors in this Mocha Eggnog Cheesecake Bars recipe!
Did you make these eggnog cheesecake bars? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
📋 Mocha Eggnog Cheesecake Bar Recipe
- 2 cups Oreo baking crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 16 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup toffee bits * I use Skor
- powdered sugar
- toffee bits
- chocolate covered espresso beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9X13X2 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
- Mix melted butter and Oreo baking crumbs together until well incorporated. Press into bottom of pan.
- Meanwhile, heat eggnog for approximately 1 minute in microwave, remove then dissolve coffee granules in eggnog.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add white granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs eggnog mixed with coffee, flour, and, cinnamon; beat until smooth. Fold in Skor bits.
- Pour filling over crust. Bake until set 20 - 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack then cut into 16 bars.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar, additional cinnamon and additional toffee bits on top. Place a chocolate covered espresso bean on top.