💭Types of Ganache & FrostingThis white chocolate frosting is also known as ganache. If you've made ganache before and don't remember it being this consistency, you are right to be confused! There are different types of ganache. And while the process of making ganache is always the same, you combine cream and chocolate, the ratios of chocolate to cream vary based on the use. And sometimes ganache is not whipped, as this whipped white chocolate ganache (i.e. poured ganache). You can learn more about that HERE and HERE. Read any of Anthony Bourdain's (RIP) books and it quickly becomes apparent why someone wouldn't want the kind of lifestyle that accompanies a career in the restaurant industry. I recently talked to the Mom who runs the canteen at my kids' school, who was also a chef at higher end restaurants at one time, and she said the very same thing. She didn't want that lifestyle once she started a family of her own. However, I must say that my kids are pretty darn lucky to have her making their lunch! Just as there are a lot of lucky seniors out there. And that's actually really comforting to me when I think about the prospect of eventually living in a retirement home. Because we all know that good food contributes to lifelong happiness! Every chef I've talked to said the creativity aspect is simply a 'trade-off,' like anything else. Maybe they can't be quite as creative as they could at as a chef at a restaurant, but there's still room for creativity. And having some semblance of a 'normal life' and seeing their families is a bigger priority to them.
🥘 Ingredients2 Ingredient recipes: I am always in awe of how two little ingredients can create something so darn delicious! When you try this recipe you won't believe it's only white chocolate and whipped cream! And we already know that some of the very best recipes are the simplest, like this Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Pizza Dough! This whipped cream icing pairs perfectly with just about any cake, but I especially love it with Poppy Seed Cake, or black forest cake (recipe coming soon)! White chocolate can be really sweet and so can icing, so that's why pairing plain white chocolate and whipping cream makes for a light, not too sweet frosting. Enjoy....
📋 2 Ingredient White Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting (Ganache) Recipe
- 1 litre whipping cream (33% -35% fat) (* 4 cups)
- 8 ounces -(2 bars) of white baking chocolate *Do NOT use white chocolate chips!
- Add chopped white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave at 50% power for 3 minutes. Heat the whipping cream separately, in another microwave safe bowl (at regular power), for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
- Remove, combine the warm whipping cream with the melted chocolate and stir well. Then continue to cook in 20 second intervals (at regular power) until the chocolate is incorporated into the whipping cream, stirring each time. There shouldn't be ANY lumps in your white chocolate. * This could take another 2-3 minutes.
- Cool on counter, then pour into large mixing stand bowl (if you have one)- any large bowl will do. Then cover (I use glad press n' seal) and let stand in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Once the white chocolate ganache is chilled (it will be soft and not solid like regular chocolate ganache), use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer and whip on low speed and gradually working up to high speed until the ganache is light and fluff and reaches stiff peaks.
- Serve with any recipe calling for whipped cream. Spread on cupcakes or a standard size cake. The white chocolate ganache whipped cream frosting will stay stable in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.