I will never forget the night I had Boursin cheese for the first time. A friend had brought it to a get-together. I was smitten.
If I could stuff Boursin cheese into everything and anything, I would. But unfortunately, that's not realistic. However, stuffing it into these Prosciutto wrapped Boursin stuffed pickles is completely realistic, especially because they are a great low- carb appetizer with only 4 ingredients, keto and gluten-free.
That night my obsession with Boursin cheese was so obvious that my friend sent me home with the remainder of it claiming “it was better me than her." And afterwards, when I told her that I couldn’t stop eating it, "I’m sorry," was all she said. At the time I didn’t understand why she would apologize.
There aren't as many pickle appetizers out there as there should be, so I am doing my part and adding this one to the world's pickle menu. And although I have always loved pickles, my love affair with Boursin cheese has been the most passionate of all my food love affairs. So my beloved Boursin seemed like the perfect stuffing for these guys.
Boursin Cheese recipes
Once I tried Boursin cheese, I seriously couldn’t get enough and I started buying it EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT. My infatuation actually turned into a bit of an obsession. I finally understood why my friend had apologized.
But let's be real - you don’t even have to do anything to Boursin cheese and it’s still amazing! However, if you are looking for Boursin cheese recipes that are low carb, and keto and or gluten-free you’re gonna love this one!!!
These days I don’t eat as much Boursin cheese as I did at the beginning and although I'm still madly in love with the stuff, I guess the infatuation just settled into a kind of deeper, less obsessive fondness. This is a cheese that I want in my life for the long run; I’m interested in a long-term relationship. And therefore, I need to indulge in moderation. If you also love Boursin cheese a well as pickles, then give this Boursin stuffed pickle a try!
And if you're looking for additional low-carb/keto and gluten-free appetizers, then check out my Skinny Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks
Boursin Stuffed Pickles
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut pickles in half, lengthwise.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out the center of each pickle half, creating a long well.
- Don’t scoop too much out- it should look like this,.
- Use paper towels to thoroughly dry inside the pickle.
- Finely chop jalapenos.
- Mix Boursin cheese and jalapenos together.
- Fill each pickle well with about 2 teaspoons of Boursin cheese mixed with tamed jalapenos, dividing evenly between all pickles.
- Smooth out into an even layer.
- Wrap 1 strip of prosciutto around each pickle half.
- Secure it by tucking it under the pickle half and repeat, dividing prosciutto evenly between all pickles.
- Lay the prosciutto wrapped pickles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the prosciutto is crisp and the cheese is melted- about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck!