These 4 ingredient Pina Colada Popsicles are quick and easy to make (no cooking required), non- alcoholic and taste amazing! Summer is short and so is popsicle season, so you'll want to make these Pina Colada Popsicles ASAP! There is nothing better than homemade popsicles on a hot summer day.
These delicious pina colada popsicles are great for a summer cookout, backyard BBQ or enjoying by the pool!
When I went searching for a Pina Colada popsicle recipe last year all I could find was long and involved recipes. Some even required cooking a mix on the stove. For one thing, it's summer - I don't want to cook popsicles on my stove top! I just wanted something quick and easy so I made my own recipe the easy way - with a Pina Colada drink mix.
Fair warning- this frozen pina colada recipe is indulgent! But sometimes you just need indulgent cool treats....it's all about balance anyway. BUT you can make it WW friendly, if you'd like (see variations and substitutions below).
This recipe for homemade Pina Colada popsicles is fast and oh so easy, so no cooking required! And you only need a few ingredients:
- pina colada drink mix (affiliate link)
- whipping cream
- crushed pineapple
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
*See recipe card for quantities
📖 Variations & Substitutions
- Rum: There is no alcohol in this pina colada popsicle, although you are more welcome to add some for the adults in the room. However, you'll have to reduce the same amount of liquid as the alcohol you add. For example, if you add 2 tbsps of white rum, then reduce the whipping cream in the recipe by 2 tbsps.
- Rum Flavor: You can also add ½ teaspoon of rum extract, if you want the rum flavor, but in the non-alcoholic version of the popsicle.
- Pineapple: you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned, if you prefer
WEIGHT WATCHERS FRIENDLY VERSION
You will get 8 popsicles and each popsicle will be 2 WW points (on my plan). Plug this recipe into the WW recipe builder to see how much they are on your plan. These were inspired by my Healthy Pina Colada Recipe (mocktail).
- 1 cup Skinny Mix Cocktail Flavoring (affiliate link)
- ⅔ cup 0% (non-fat) Greek yogurt (yogurt is increased from ½ cup)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (in place of whipping cream)
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple.
You will need popsicle molds for these pina colada ice pops and you can use any type, although I recommend stainless steel molds (affiliate link). They just work so much better and last forever. I can't tell you how many different types of plastic molds I've tried, only to be disappointed time after time! You will also need popsicle sticks if you molds don't have them.
💭 Top Tip
Run your popsicle molds under COLD WATER, not hot water: I was also told to run my popsicles under warm water, but I learned that running your popsicles under COLD water (to loosen them from the molds) actually works much better!
The best way to store these easy piña colada popsicles is in the freezer, in their molds. Then you can simply take them out as needed and run the part of the mold you want to use, under cold water. Even if they defrost a little, they'll freeze up again.
So, if you're looking for the perfect cool treat for a hot summer's day, one that the whole family will enjoy, try this easy pina colada popsicle!
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below
Please SUBSCRIBE (get my FREE E-cookbook) and be sure to FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST!
📋 Pina Colada Popsicle Recipe
- 1 cup whipping cream (NOT whipped cream) 35%
- 1 cup Pina colada mix drink
- ½ cup Greek yogurt *or use sour cream
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple drained and pineapple juice liquid squeezed out
- Whisk everything together in large measuring cup or bowl with pour spout
- Pour into popsicle molds. Tap a couple of times on a hard surface to remove air bubbles.
- Freeze upright until solid, about 8 – 10 hours, depending on the thickness of the molds.
- Run under cold water to loosen molds and serve!
Omg it's the perfect end of summer/Labor day recipe haha these would be so perfectly indulgent!
Perfect summer popsicles! I’m going to try using cold water to get them out of the molds because I’ve always used hot and by the time I get them out the top is melted!
pina colada cocktails are my fav summery drink! great idea to use cold water (mine always all melted when i use hot water)
I love that these don't actually have alcohol in them, but still have that pina colada flavour. They are perfect to serve to the whole fam!
oh heck yah, now you're talking my love language. Maybe I could sneak a bit of rum in there too?
These popsicles make me feel like a kid again. And what better flavor than my favorite drink - Pina Colada. A definite winner in my house!
I adore pina colada flavours and love the playful twist you've added in popsicle form! These look absolutely delish!
thank you - they were a big hit around here 🙂
This is such an easy recipe! I appreciate the tip about using the rum extract too, thanks!