These 4 ingredient, easy Piña Colada Popsicles (non alcoholic) are quick and simple to make (no cooking required), non-alcoholic, and taste amazing! Summer is short and so is popsicle season, so you'll want to make these Pina Colada Popsicles ASAP! There is nothing better than homemade popsicles on a hot summer day.
These delicious pina colada popsicles are a refreshing summer treat and great for a summer cookout, backyard BBQ or enjoying by the pool!
When I went searching for a Pina Colada popsicle recipe last year all I could find was long and involved recipes. Some even required cooking a mix on the stove. For one thing, it's summer - I don't want to cook popsicles on my stovetop! I just wanted something quick and easy so I made my own recipe the easy way - with a Pina Colada drink mix.
Fair warning- this frozen pina colada recipe is indulgent! But sometimes you just need indulgent cool treats....it's all about balance anyway. BUT you can make it WW friendly, if you'd like (see variations and substitutions below).
This recipe for homemade pina colada popsicles is fast and oh-so-easy, so no cooking is required! And the best part is... you only need a few ingredients:
- pina colada drink mix (affiliate link)
- whipping cream (aka heavy cream)
- crushed pineapple
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
*See recipe card for quantities and full recipe
📖 Variations & Substitutions
- Rum: There is no alcohol in this pina colada popsicle, although you are more welcome to add some for the adults in the room. However, you'll have to reduce the same amount of liquid as the alcohol you add. For example, if you add 2 tbsps of white rum, then reduce the whipping cream in the recipe by 2 tbsps.
- Rum Flavor: You can also add ½ teaspoon of rum extract if you want the rum flavor but in the non-alcoholic version of the popsicle.
- Pineapple: you can use fresh fruit (fresh pineapple chunks) instead of canned if you prefer
WEIGHT WATCHERS FRIENDLY VERSION
You will get 8 pineapple coconut popsicles and each popsicle will be 2 WW points. These were inspired by my Healthy Pina Colada Recipe (mocktail) - it's one of my favorite drinks. And these popsicles are like having a pina colada in popsicle form!
- 1 cup Skinny Mix Cocktail Flavoring (affiliate link)
- ⅔ cup 0% (non-fat) Greek yogurt (yogurt is increased from ½ cup)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (in place of whipping cream) *this will give it an added boost of coconut flavor
- ⅓ cup canned crushed pineapple.
You will need popsicle molds for these pina colada ice pops and you can use any type, although I recommend stainless steel molds (affiliate link). They just work so much better and last forever. I can't tell you how many different types of plastic molds I've tried, only to be disappointed time after time! You will also need popsicle sticks if your molds don't have them.
💭 Top Tip
Run your popsicle molds under COLD WATER, not hot water: I was also told to run my popsicles under warm water, but I learned that running your popsicles under COLD water (to loosen them from the molds) actually works much better!
The best way to store these easy piña colada popsicles is in the freezer, in their molds. Then you can simply take them out as needed and run the part of the mold you want to use, under cold water. Even if they defrost a little, they'll freeze up again.
However, they will only last a couple of weeks in the freezer, then they start to get icy.
So, if you're looking for cool treats for a hot summer's day, one that the whole family will enjoy, try this easy pina colada popsicle!
📋 Pina Colada Popsicle Recipe
- 1 cup whipping cream (NOT whipped cream) 35%
- 1 cup Pina colada mix drink
- ½ cup Greek yogurt *or use sour cream
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple drained and pineapple juice liquid squeezed out
- Whisk everything together in large measuring cup or bowl with pour spout
- Pour into popsicle molds. Tap a couple of times on a hard surface to remove air bubbles.
- Freeze upright until solid, about 8 – 10 hours, depending on the thickness of the molds.
- Run under cold water to loosen molds and serve!