If you’ve never made old- fashioned fudge from scratch on the stovetop before, let me save you the suspense – it’s a pain! Even the easy recipes are fussy. And although I’m always up for a culinary challenge, fudge and candy making are finicky. It’s hard to tell when it’s ready, most recipes call for a candy thermometer (and you have to adjust for altitude where I live,) it’s time sensitive, it boils and splatters and it’s really hot! I’ll still do it the traditional way from time to time, but sometimes, I just want EASY….
That’s where this Microwave Sugar Cookie Fudge comes in- it’s dead easy! It’s as easy as throwing a few things in a bowl, heating it in the microwave, stirring and pouring. Yes, that easy. But the best part is that it tastes just like sugar cookies!
Sugar Cookie Fudge
The sugar cookie taste in many Sugar Cookie Fudge recipes comes from using a sugar cookie cake mix. However, I don’t make it that way. Adding a sweet cake mix to an already sweet combination of white chocolate chips and condensed milk is just waaay too sweet for my liking!
That’s why I use an emulsion to mimic the taste of a sugar cookie. Emulsions are similar to extracts but with more depth of flavor. And like an extract, they don’t add any additional sweetness to your recipe. If you haven’t ventured into emulsions yet, I would highly recommend them! I’m going to assume that you don’t happen to have this ingredient in your pantry, but you can get it on Amazon and it only takes a day or two if you have Amazon prime (affiliate link.) And keep in mind, you can use it for a variety of frostings, cakes and cookies and it lasts a long time in your pantry.
Microwave Fudge Recipe
Making fudge in the microwave is the quickest and easiest method of making fudge. You just have to make sure that you only use ½ power to melt the chocolate and don’t get any water near the chocolate or it will seize. This microwave fudge recipe takes about 10 minutes to make! And if you like microwave fudge, check out my Easter Creme Egg Microwave Fudge!
White Christmas Fudge
This White Christmas Fudge makes a great edible gift, as well as an ideal bake sale fudge. So if you are looking for a quick fudge recipe to make over the holidays for yourself or for a gift, then this white Christmas Fudge is perfect!
This no bake cookie fudge is a great recipe to make with kids and is bound to become a family favorite! And if you love sugar cookies, you’ll love this NO FAIL Sugar Cookie Recipe. These sugar cookies hold their shape and do not spread.
Microwave Sugar Cookie Fudge
- Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave on HALF POWER /50% (this is 5 on my microwave) for about 8 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes. You want to heat it just until the chocolate mixture is melted and completely combined.
- Remove from microwave and add cake and cookie emulsion and stir. Then gently stir in 1 tbsp of sprinkles.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and sprinkle an additional ½ - 1 tbsp of sprinkles on top of fudge mixture.
- Refrigerate until set and completely cool (about 90 minutes ) Slice into 25 (5 rows each way) squares and enjoy!
More Christmas Sweets & Edible Gifts!