I LOVE a quick and easy 15 minute pizza dough! If you get home, want pizza, but don't want to do take-out, this is the perfect solution.
This pizza crust is popular anytime of the year when you just need quick pizza. It's the perfect pizza for pizza nights, game days or anytime you want pizza STAT! It is a quick alternative to my Bread Machine Pizza Dough and I use it for my Pickle Pizza, my Perogy Pizza and my Pizza Cupcakes (shown below). It's a delicious and soft pizza dough that's naturally dairy-free!
I have had this recipe for years and use it for any type of pizza!
This easy 15 minutes pizza dough with active dry yeast is unbelievably fast to make! You only need a few simple ingredients. For this pizza crust recipe, you'll need:
- olive oil
- active dry yeast *I use Pizza Yeast
- white granulated sugar
- warm water
*See recipe card for quantities.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and olive oil. Mix until smooth (*don't be afraid to get in there with your hands). Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased pizza pan (you can spray it with non-stick cooking spray.)
- Roll out dough to edges of pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce and desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving
I recommend rolling your pizza dough directly onto the pan with a 2 sided baker's roller (affiliate link).
📖Substitutions & Variations
- Yeast: when you're buying yeast for pizza, you want 'active dry yeast' for this recipe (see ingredient photo). I actually prefer to buy 'pizza yeast'. You can also substitute instant yeast.
- Crust: The great thing about making your homemade pizza dough is that you get to control the crust. You can have a thicker crust or thin crust pizza and even make it without the thick raised crust on the edges (technically called the 'cornicione'), which is what I like to do.
- Pizza Toppings: Add your toppings of choice and mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese (if you desire). However, if you want to try something deliciously different, then give my Dill Pickle Pizza (shown below) a try!
- Pizza Sauce: use any type of pizza sauce you like (my favorite sauce is Primo!)
- Seasonings: feel free to add Italian seasoning or crushed red chili flakes for a bit of spice!
- Individual Pizzas: You can divide up the dough and make individual pizzas, if you wish. Then simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake them that way
- Dairy-free - this dough is naturally dairy-free. Use dairy-free cheese and toppings to make a completely dairy-free pizza!
You'll need a large mixing bowl and and spoon for this easy pizza dough recipe. You'll also need a pizza pan. I recommended using a perforated pizza pan (affiliate link) for crispy pizza dough! Other ways to keep pizza crispy, is to bake it in a cast iron skillet (affiliate link) or on a pizza stone (affiliate link).
- Store leftovers: Store leftovers of this quick pizza dough in the fridge in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 days.
- Make ahead: You can also roll the pizza dough out onto a pizza pan the night before and cover it with plastic wrap. Then when you go to make dinner the next day it's even quicker!
- Freezing: You can freeze dough it in an airtight container or Ziplock freezer bag for up to 3 months. You can also cook the entire pizza and freeze it whole or in pieces.
👪 Serving Size
This 15 minute pizza dough makes 1- 12 inch pizza. However, you can half, double or triple the recipe by clicking on the blue serving number and selecting the number of servings you'd like. The ingredient quantities will automatically adjust. I always double this recipe because we make 2 pizzas at a time.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
❔ Frequently Asked Questions
The secret to making good pizza dough is measuring correctly and not over-kneading.
Yes, you can use regular flour (all-purpose) for making pizza dough. You don't need bread flour.
The secret ingredient for pizza is the perfect balance of simple ingredients such as oil, yeast, flour, water, salt and oil.
This 15 minutes dough is a simple and quick yeast pizza dough recipe and the perfect pizza dough for Friday nights when you want pizza, but want to avoid take-out!
If you loved this quick pizza dough recipe, please leave a 5 star rating and comment below!
📋15 Minute Pizza Dough recipe
- .25 ounce -package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45degrees C)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/205 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Mix until smooth. * don't be afraid to get in there and mix with your hands! Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Roll out onto floured surface or directly onto pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce and desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F/205 degrees C, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving