I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just have to have a Big Mac. But at the same time, I really don’t want to blow a day’s worth of calories and Weight Watchers points on one burger.
That’s why I created this healthy Big Mac Salad recipe -it’s only 9 WW blue points.
Weight Watchers Big Mac Salad
Considering a Big Mac is 22 Weight Watchers points on the blue plan, this salad is not only super filling, it’s a darn good deal as far as calories, fat and WW points go! This Weight Watchers Big Mac Salad is unbelievably tasty and will completely satisfy your craving in a healthy way. It’s also a quick and easy meal that the whole family can enjoy and no one will even suspect it’s Weight Watchers friendly!
Big mac in a bowl
I LOVE Big Macs and periodically I get a pretty overwhelming craving for them. But then I also want fries with it and there goes a couple days worth of points. So, this is a really great alternative. This salad is seriously like a Big Mac in a bowl, but with a little extra lettuce and tomatoes added to the mix. Many of the recipes I’ve come across use Thousand Island Dressing but I prefer my special sauce with Lite Catalina dressing. Try it and you’ll see that it really does taste just like mac sauce!
Big Mac Salad WW
Like I said, you don’t have to be following the Weight Watchers program to love this salad. My teenage son thought it was ‘amazing’ and of course I never mentioned it was a WW salad. I’ve seen a lot of Big Mac salads out there that are very low-carb (keto) – this is not that salad. I still love and need my carbs so I added the ‘mini buns’ because not only are they cute, they really make you feel like you’re still eating a Big Mac. Because what’s a Big Mac without bun?! And it’s still not a high carb salad. That’s why I love the WW program- nothing is off limits- it’s all about balance. So go ahead, eat some carbs and indulge guilt-free!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal idea that’s sure to be a keeper or simply need a healthy Big Mac fix, then give this Big Mac Salad Recipe a go! You won’t be disappointed.
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
OR PIN IT TO MAKE LATER!
Big Mac Salad Recipe - Weight Watchers Friendly
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise * I use Hellman's 1/2 the fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Lite Catalina dressing *I use Kraft ( Lite French dressing can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 choppped pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 heads iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups cooked ground beef, extra lean * about 1 lb raw ground beef
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 thin buns, cut into small circles * I use President's Choice thin buns (PC thins)
- additional chopped/sliced pickles and onions
- Cook ground beef in frying pan, on stovetop, over medium heat until cooked through. Drain.
- Add chopped pickles, onions, Lite Catalina salad dressing, mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, onion powder, salt and vinegar to ground beef and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Chop lettuce and tomatoes and add to large bowl, then add meat mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of salad.
- Cut both thin buns into "mini buns" with a small round cookie cutter (you can even use the round side of a large icing tip or anything small and round) *You should get 6 mini buns from each larger bun.
- Add buns to the top of the salad.
- Add additional chopped pickles and onions, as desired.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
More Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes~!
This post is part of The Country Cook Weekend Potluck!