This post contains affiliate links (SEE DISCLOSURE POLICY)
I’ll admit that most of the time I’m way too lazy to cut things into little pieces and put them on a stick. And although I am also a huge fan of kabobs and skewered food in general, I don’t want to be the one that has to make them. And why go to all that work when you actually don’t have to!? That’s exactly why I created this lazy version of Chicken Breast Souvlaki and it’s also a healthy and low-carb Weight Watchers version too!
This Weight Watchers Lazy Chicken Souvlaki is only 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart points per serving, gluten-free and full of flavor! You won’t even miss the skewer. I promise.
Cooking is a lot of work and if you’re like me, have a family and cook A LOT, then you’ll understand. And although I like cooking more than many others, there are still many days I’d rather not cook at all! However, I obviously feel obliged to make a healthy dinner for the kids (my husband is capable enough to make his own). And although my kids are getting to be pretty good cooks, they’re not quite there yet when it comes to being independent in the kitchen. And we all know that supervising can be more work than actually just cooking it yourself at this stage of the game.
So, that leaves me always on the lookout for faster and easier ways to do things….
Greek Souvlaki Platter
And that’s why I created this Greek chicken; it’s the perfect shortcut souvlaki! You can make it on the stove top or on the grill – either way it’s delicious! And placing the chicken on top of a bed of veggies on a platter is a nice way to serve it!
I’m a big fan of Mediterranean food and love anything with lemon and tzatziki so when I can get Greek food fast and easy and without resorting to take-out, I’m a happy girl!~
If you’re looking for more easy chicken breast recipes, then give my Gluten-free Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken a try!
Weight Watchers Chicken Breast Souvlaki
- 6 chicken breasts
Chicken Souvlaki Marinade:
- 1 medium red onion, sliced in circles, then cut in half
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced in circles
- 1 cucumber, sliced in circles
- 6 tbsp tzatziki sauce
- fresh lemon wedges
- Heads Up! There is a marinating time of at least 6 hours for this recipe. I usually do it the night before or in the morning before I leave for work.
Greek Souvlaki Marinade:
- Score chicken ( I take a fork and stab it a bunch of times into the top of the chicken breast). Mix all ingredients in a ziploc bag or plastic container and pour over chicken. Marinate for 6 hours. IF you are around, flip it halfway though.
- Cook in frying pan on stove top over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Lay sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and chopped red onions on a plate, then add tzatziki sauce. * I simply add some sauce to a small ziploc bag, cut off the tip and add the tzatziki in a squiggly design on the chicken.
- Garnish with lemon wedges. * This tastes even better if you squeeze the fresh lemon all over the veggies and chicken.