THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS (See Disclosure Policy)
If you are looking for fun and healthy breakfast ideas for kids, this Strawberry Gingerbread Pupcake (cupcake pancake hybrid) recipe takes a boring old pancake and morphs it into a delicious and healthy breakfast cupcake which is by far, way more FUN! Even better, it’s easy and quick to make.
Although I love these pupcakes, I created this recipe with kids in mind. It’s hard to come up with fun breakfast ideas for kids that are also healthy. I’m happy to report it was a success!
Hello healthy Cupcakes for Breakfast – the Gingerbread Pupcake!
And if you are in need of a healthy breakfast on the go, something you can send in the lunch box to school with the kids (or take yourself), then this pancake cupcake recipe is for you. You can pack the yogurt and syrup separately or just skip it all together (it’s great with or without)!
Butter extract makes a great substitute for butter flavor in baking. You get the rich taste of the butter, without the fat and calories:
Mini Pancake Cupcakes!
You can also make these into mini Pupcakes! Make 12 regular sized pupcakes, then use the remaining batter to make 6 minis or make up to 40 minis. Either way, they are fun and delicious:
Added bonus: they freeze well.
Happy baking and eating!
And if you are looking for more healthy on-the-go breakfast ideas that are also kid-friendly, give my Healthy Mediterranean Breakfast Burritos a try! Or search breakfast in the search box or in recipes menu.
Strawberry Gingerbread Pupcakes
- 2 cups Strawberry Greek yogurt (non-fat) 500 g (about a container)
- 15 whole fresh strawberries
- low sugar maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredient (except greek yogurt ) together.
- Pour batter 2/3 full into muffin tin lined with paper cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.Cool.
- Fit pastry bag with 1M tip and fill to ½ full with greek yogurt. ***See video in notes, if you're not sure how to pipe with a 1M tip. And use the 2nd technique - the 'rose swirl'.
- Pipe greek yogurt onto pupcakes . (if you don't have a pastry bag, cut a hold in the end of zip lock and swirl it on)
- Garnish with strawberry and serve with low sugar maple syrup (optional)
This post is part of Creative Kids Tasty Tuesday’s link up!