If you're looking to change up your grilled chicken game, you've come to the right place!
This Grilled Maple Cranberry Glazed Chicken is a unique and delicious chicken recipe that's 9 WW pts on blue IF you use all the cranberry salsa, it's gluten-free and you get to use your grill!
Summer is about grilling! Although, I admit that I will grill all year long, if it's at all possible. Even if I have to I shovel a path through the snow on my deck to get to the BBQ, it's totally worth it to get that summer grilled flavor, texture and best of all.... no pots and pans to wash!
Recipe for Cranberry Chicken
However, if you are simply on the lookout for a recipe for cranberry chicken, this one is definitely worth firing up the grill for! But if it's too cold, snowy or you don't have access to a BBQ, you can simply make it with a grill pan, on the stove, right in the comfort of your home.
This cranberry chicken uses dried cranberries in the glaze and salsa, so it's so much easier than fussing around with fresh or even frozen cranberries, neither of which I typically have on hand. But I always have craisins!
Cranberry Glazed Chicken
And although this Cranberry Glazed Chicken is simple, the depth of flavor you get from the glaze, in addition to the Mexican salsa, adds a complexity that is absolutely delicious!
Since we're on the topic of grilling, if you’ve heard anything about the danger of BBQ wire-bristle brushes, you may want to look at investing in a different kind of BBQ brush. It’s been in the news for the last few years and there have been several reported incidents of injury from this type of brush. You can read more HERE.
After years of safety warnings and reports of injuries from wire-bristle brushes used to clean barbecue grills, Health Canada did a risk assessment to potentially stop the sale of the brushes. But unfortunately, that's not what happened. Instead, they decided to develop a new national safety standard for barbecue grill brushes that will require a warning label and testing to reduce the risk of wire bristles becoming detached, embedded in food and accidentally ingested. You can read more about that HERE. However, I choose to go the non-wire/bristle free BBQ brush route (it makes me feel safer). Either way, you will want to educate yourself on the risks.
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
Cranberry chicken recipe
When you're following the Weight Watchers program (like me) you tend to eat a lot of chicken and it can become old pretty quick, so you need to add excitement to your chicken routine! This Cranberry Chicken Recipe will definitely spice up your life (well, when it comes to chicken anyway).
Grilled Glazed Maple Cranberry Chicken (with Cranberry Salsa)
- 6 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Maple Cranberry Glaze
- ½ cup reduced sugar maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Mexican Cranberry Salsa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ sweet yellow pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon course sea salt
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh
Maple Cranberry Glaze
- In a small saucepan, cook maple syrup and cranberries for about 5 minutes or until cranberries are softened. Place mixture in food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and oil together in a small bowl and brush on both sides of raw chicken.
- Place chicken breasts on oiled grill rack and close lid.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, brush with cranberry maple glaze and turn.
- Brush the other side with cranberry maple glaze. Then continue brushing until on both sides until glaze is gone and chicken is cooked through/no longer pink
- Combine all salsa ingredients and mix together.
- Garnish chicken breasts with salsa and fresh cilantro or parsley. Serve with additional salsa
Or PIN for Later!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes!
Maple Cider Grilled Chicken Kabobs- Weight Watchers Friendly
Monterey Chicken -Bonanza copycat
Healthy Barbecue Beer Can Chicken with Molasses & Beer BBQ sauce- WW friendly!
Leave a Reply