Sometimes I just don't want to bake. Don’t get me wrong- I LOVE baking. But summertime, without air conditioning, is just not conducive to baking. And why bake when I can have NO BAKE eclairs that taste just like baked ones?!
And that's what makes these Mini Strawberry Tiramisu Eclairs the ultimate summer snack! Ready in 20 minutes, these NO BAKE "Cheater Éclairs" taste just like eclairs but without the baking, making them perfect for a last minute potluck dessert or bake sale.
Have you ever had a last minute request from the kids that you need something for a bake sale tomorrow?! Well, I have. And the DAY BEFORE a bake sale is precisely the day that I don’t have time for actual baking.
Made with mini croissants, whipped cream, strawberries, an easy tiramisu filling and semisweet chocolate, this quick and easy mini eclair recipe, also known as Cheater Éclairs, are the perfect solution to your last minute bake sale dilemma. You can easily make them last minute because they take a total of 20 minutes and only have 6 ingredients!
These eclairs are the best because they are so easy but look like you bought them at a bakery! I once brought these to a potluck at work and to avoid waste, I left them in the original plastic containers the croissants come in from the grocery store.
After the potluck my colleague asked me what I brought and when I told her, she was disappointed because she didn't try one. She thought they weren’t homemade because I had them in the plastic container from the store and said she would have had one had she known they were my homemade eclairs.
These Strawberry Eclairs are not only the perfect snack size, but they are perfect for little hands!
So if you want the taste of eclairs without the fuss of actually baking them, then give these Cheater Éclairs a try. But a word of advice, don’t leave them in the plastic store containers or people won't think they are homemade!
Strawberries are the perfect summer fruit for these eclairs because strawberry season never ends! Strawberries are grown all year long in some parts of the United States, so fortunately, we have an endless supply of fresh strawberries in US and Canadian grocery stores. So, if you're looking for a strawberry eclair, gives these ones a try!
💭Leftover Mascarpone Cheese
And since you'll have leftover mascarpone cheese, why not try my Healthy Creamy Ham Pasta with Peas
And my Carrot Cake Doughnut Muffins
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
📋 Mini Strawberry Tiramisu Éclairs Recipe
- 8 mini croissants
- 2 -99 g packages of prepared chocolate pudding (snack packs) about 1.5 cups
- ½ cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp Kahlua (optional)
- 16 oz container of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in quarters, reserve 4 for topping
- 3 cups whipped cream sweetened to your liking
- 4 whole strawberries, cut in half
- ¼ cup whipped cream (reserved)
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate, melted
- Slice croissants down the wide side (not all the way through)
- Mix chocolate pudding and mascarpone cheese together in separate bowl. Add Kahlua, if you are using it.
- Spread pudding mascarpone mixture on bottom of croissant, dividing evenly between all croissants.
- Top with sliced strawberries, dividing evenly between each croissants
- Fill a pastry bag with whipped cream. Using a 101 tip, pipe whipped cream into croissants, dividing evenly between all the croissants, but reserving about ¼ cup for garnish. Gently close the top of the croissant over the filling. * you can use a spoon if you aren't comfortable piping whipped cream. Or if you don't have a pastry bag, use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off.
- Set croissants on parchment paper. Melt chocolate on 50% power in the microwave and dip spoon in melted chocolate. With a flicking of the wrist motion, drizzle chocolate across each croissant (see VIDEO in notes for how to do this) .
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a half strawberry. Serve. * You can garnish with whipped cream and strawberry before or after you drizzle the chocolate.
🍓More strawberry recipes!
This recipe is part of The Country Cook Weekend Potluck