Best Chex Mix Recipe
Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
How do you make Holiday Chex Mix?
Holiday Chex mix is simply a bunch of stuff like bugles, cereal mixes, pretzels, nuts and cheese crackers mixed together with butter and spices, then baked. I added red tortilla chips and pistachios, as well as dill for the festive red and green colors! Although this makes a great Christmas snack mix, you could eat this mix any time of the year!
It also make a great edible gift!
Holiday Chex Mix
It’s been a long time since I have eaten cereal snack mix out of the bottom of the bowl on a weekend morning, but if I was to do it again, it would definitely be this holiday chex mix. I love the zing of the dry ranch dressing, mixed with lemon pepper, dill and the other spices. But I especially love that it’s festive and purely savory.
So, if you are looking for a holiday snack mix, this one has it all and no sweet stuff!
Try some of my other snack food recipes!
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
Holiday Chex Mix
- 2 1/2 cups butter
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp +3 tsp Dry ranch salad dressing/seasoning mix * I use Hidden Valley
- 4 cups “Cheerios” cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 cups Life whole grain cereal
- 1 400g -bag pretzel sticks
- 1 170g -bag roasted and salted shelled pistachios
- 1 213 g -bag “bugles”
- 1 200g -box cheese nips (crackers)
- 1 200g -box cheese bits crackers
- 2 cups red tortilla chips, broken up * I buy a 300 g bag of red and white and use the red - it's the perfect amount
- 2 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dill
- Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 250 F.
- Melt butter in microwave then whisk in 3 tbsp dry ranch dressing and worschestershire sauce.
- Mix Cheerios, Life cereal, Chex cereal, pretzels, Bugles, pistachios, cheese nips, cheese bits and red tortilla chips together.
- Pour butter mixture over the dry mix, stir well, coating evenly. Then add garlic powder, onion powder, dill, lemon pepper and remaining 3 tsp of dry ranch dressing and mix well.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Stir every 1/2 hour. Sprinkle on some additional dill to garnish, if desired.