- Worcestershire sauce
- dry ranch
- rice chex cereal
- Life whole grain cereal
- pretzel sticks
- shelled pistachios
- cheese nips
- cheese bits
- red tortilla chips (I buy a bag of red and white and use the red)
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
💭How do you make Holiday Chex Mix?
Holiday Chex mix is simply a bunch of stuff like bugles, cereal mixes, pretzels, nuts and cheese crackers mixed together with butter and spices, then baked. I added red tortilla chips and pistachios, as well as dill for the festive red and green colors! Although this makes a great Christmas snack mix, you could eat this mix any time of the year! It also makes a great edible gift!
It's been a long time since I have eaten cereal snack mix out of the bottom of the bowl on a weekend morning, but if I was to do it again, it would definitely be this holiday chex mix. I love the zing of the dry ranch dressing, mixed with lemon pepper, dill and the other spices. But I especially love that it's festive and purely savory.
👪 Serving size
This recipe makes A LOT - 36 cups! And that's another reason it's a great edible gift. However, you can reduce the servings by clicking on the number of servings (in blue) in the recipe card, selecting the number of servings you'd like and the ingredient amounts will adjust accordingly.
- This mix can be stored, in a sealed container, at room temperature, for up to a week.
- This recipe freezes well for up to 4 months.
So, if you are looking for a savory holiday snack mix, this one has it all and no sweet stuff!
Try some of my other snack food recipes!
Happy Holiday munching!
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
📋 Holiday Chex Mix Recipe
- 2 ½ cups butter
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoon +3 teaspoon Dry ranch salad dressing/seasoning mix * I use Hidden Valley
- 4 cups “Cheerios” cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 cups Life whole grain cereal
- 1 170g -bag roasted and salted shelled pistachios
- 1 213 g -bag “bugles”
- 1 200g -box cheese nips (crackers)
- 1 200g -box cheese bits crackers
- 2 cups red tortilla chips, broken up * I buy a 300 g bag of red and white and use the red - it's the perfect amount
- 2 teaspoon Lemon pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 250 F.
- Melt butter in microwave then whisk in 3 tablespoon dry ranch dressing and worschestershire sauce.
- Mix Cheerios, Life cereal, Chex cereal, pretzels, Bugles, pistachios, cheese nips, cheese bits and red tortilla chips together.
- Pour butter mixture over the dry mix, stir well, coating evenly. Then add garlic powder, onion powder, dill, lemon pepper and remaining 3 teaspoon of dry ranch dressing and mix well.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. Stir every ½ hour. Sprinkle on some additional dill to garnish, if desired.