I cannot go to a Thai or Vietnamese restaurant without ordering some kind of soup! Soups are healthy, light, spicy, warm, and perfect for a cool fall evening. But making soup can be extremely time-consuming. But this Easy Asian Beef Noodle soup is simple and quick!
And if you're anything like me and you'd rather not dedicate your entire weekend to cooking and need a few quick, easy, and healthy weeknight dinner recipes in my back pocket, that's where this delicious, quick, and easy Asian Sesame Beef Noodle Soup recipe comes in. It's a one-pot meal, made with ramen noodles and Asian Sesame Salad dressing.
I created this recipe when I was brainstorming creative recipes for a Kraft salad dressing contest. Well, it happened to be one of my experiments that went well the first time)- not like some of my early recipe experiments.
Who knew salad dressing was such a quick and easy way to get lots of flavor into your beef noodle soup? Well, I discovered, through this experiment, that it is. It adds a very full-bodied flavor to this soup! I also add fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro, and bok choy to this soup to give it that extra fresh taste!
My daughter loves this Asian beef soup with noodles so much that she requested it for her birthday dinner!
For this quick Beef Asian Noodle Soup recipe, you'll need:
- stir fry beef strips or cut beef into thin slices
- beef soup broth
- ramen noodles
- Asian Sesame salad dressing
- garlic clove
- bok choy or baby bok choy
- sriracha sauce
- cilantro (fresh)
- fresh ginger
- lime juice
- lime wedges (optional)
- green onions (optional)
This tasty soup is very easy to make:
Cook beef in pot on stove top over medium heat until cooked through (medium rare to medium, depending on your preference).
Add beef broth to beef and bring to a boil over medium-high, then add ramen noodles.
Cook noodles on boil for 1 minute until noodles start to separate, then separate further with a fork.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Reduce to medium- low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Garnish with additional cilantro, green onion and lime wedges, if desired.
If you are not familiar with bok choy and not sure how to chop it, here's a video: How to chop bok choy.
📖 Variations & Substitutions
- Weight Watchers friendlier - use light salad dressing and you can even substitute chicken breast for the beef
- Gluten-free - use rice ramen noodles and a gluten-free salad dressing
- Salad dressing- you could use homemade Asian Sesame dressing instead of store-bought
- Ramen noodles - you can use the packaged ramen noodles and discard the flavoring or use rice noodles or other Asian noodles
- Bok Choy - you can substitute baby spinach
- Lime juice - you can substitute fresh for lime juice from concentrate, but you'll need to use double the amount of fresh
- Add-ins - add bean sprouts and/or star anise, and top with a hard boiled egg, if desired.
👪 Serving Size
This Asian Sesame soup serves 8. However, you can cut it in half, or double or triple it. Simply click on the blue serving size in the recipe card, select the number of servings and the recipe amounts will adjust accordingly.
This Easy Asian soup recipe can be made ahead - it keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave for about 2 minutes (depending on your microwave wattage) or reheat on the stovetop on med- low, while stirring frequently, until warmed through.
You will need a stock pot or large soup pot, a good knife, and a cutting board for his spicy beef noodle soup. *See recipe card for recommendation photos and link
So, if you're looking for an Easy Asian beef soup recipe, this one can be made in one pot in under 30 minutes.
⭐ COMMENTS & REVIEWS
Did you know that commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite recipe creators? If you loved this recipe, please comment and rate it in the recipe card or share photos on social media using the hashtag #foodmeanderings or tagging @foodmeanderings !
📋 Quick Asian Beef Noodle soup recipe
- 1 lb. stir fry beef strips
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 70 g squares ramen noodles
- ½ 475 ml bottle Asian sesame dressing about 2 cups ** I use Kraft - Please see notes re: gluten-free
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups bok choy chopped (see video in NOTES)
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger peeled and grated
- ⅓ cup lime juice from concentrate
- lime wedges
- green onions, chopped chopped
- additional cilantro sprigs
- Cook beef in pot on stove top over medium heat until cooked through (medium rare to medium, depending on your preference).
- Add beef broth to beef and bring to a boil over medium-high, then add ramen noodles.
- Boil for 1 minute until noodles start to separate, then separate further with a fork. Add all remaining ingredients.
- Reduce to medium- low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with additional cilantro, green onion and lime wedges, if desired
🥣More Easy Soup Recipes