Lunch making has been an ongoing struggle for me since my kids started school. I look forward to our school's 'fun lunches' like a kid looks forward to Christmas morning; they get a great lunch and I get a break!
And I will do just about anything to get out of making lunches. But since that isn't always possible, I've had to come up with a few recipes that are healthy, easy and that my kids will actually like. This Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap is one of those recipes. It's an easy lunch that will take you 5 minutes to throw together. It's really nothing earth shattering or fancy, but it's tasty!
My kids aren't crazy about cold sandwiches and I can't blame them because neither am I. But wraps, now that's a different story... They LOVE these Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps! And I love this recipe because it's one of those make ahead the night before OR wake up and need to make lunches in a hurry. It's a perfect ready to eat packed lunch idea for kids. Older kids can even make it themselves!
All you need for this recipe is:
- turkey (leftover turkey or deli meat)
- large tortillas
- bacon (regular or turkey bacon) - see Top Tips
- ranch dressing (regular or light)
- cheddar cheese (regular or l0w-fat)
- lettuce (any type)
- grated carrots
- Lighten it up: use light dressing, turkey bacon and low-fat cheddar cheese
- Lettuce: you can use leaf, romaine or head lettuce or use spinach instead (for an extra vitamin boost)!
- Tortillas: change up the wraps and use either spinach, sundried tomato or whole wheat
I don't know about you, but I often find myself not up for making lunch in the evening. Then I wake up in the morning and seriously regret that decision (while racing around, getting ready for work with very few minutes to spare). Fortunately, this tortilla wrap recipe is such a fast and easy lunch that you CAN make it in the morning. Either way, this tortilla wrap recipe makes a great lunch box meal for kids and adults alike.
How to make a wrap sandwich
And if you're wondering how to fold a wrap tortilla then watch this video: How to make tortilla wraps!
Another great thing about this healthy turkey wrap is that you can use either leftover turkey or deli meat. I know I'm always in need of leftover turkey recipes that are quick, easy and delicious. Best of all, this wrap is easily transportable. You can also take it on the go for lunch, a picnic or road trip!
💭 Top tips
1) Use precooked bacon, if you aren't already doing this. I buy the fully cooked Hormel brand from Costco. It takes 30 seconds to make and you can keep the package in the freezer and take out individual portions as needed. I know bacon is not the healthiest, but it's soooo good and a little bacon never killed anyone. My kids are thrilled to get real bacon once in a while anyway. Plus, the other healthy stuff in this wrap totally compensates for it! But you could use turkey bacon instead, if you really wanted to. It'll just take you longer to make, unless you have it prepared in advance.
2) Keep pre-shredded carrots on hand (you can buy them at most grocery stores- Calgary Co op for sure), if you are feeling extra lazy (like I often am) or know you'll be making this wrap in the morning before school/work when you are already pressed for time.
And if you love leftover turkey sandwiches, then give my, Leftover Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini a try as well!
And my Turkey Reuben Panini
So if you are looking for a quick and easy sandwich wrap recipes for lunch, then give this Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap a try!
📋Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap Recipe
- 4 roma tomato tortillas (large size)
- 8 cooked pieces of bacon (substitute bacon bits in a pinch) or use turkey bacon
- 300 grams of deli- sliced turkey or leftover turkey (or substitute chicken)
- 4 teaspoon light or regular ranch dressing
- ½ cup grated low-fat or regular sharp/old cheese
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce or spinach
- ½ cup grated carrot
- Spread 1 ½ teaspoon of ranch dressing over the center of each wrap.
- Add remaining ingredients, dividing between 4 wraps.
- Fold sides of each wrap in, then roll up. Watch video (in notes): How to roll a wrap
- Wrap in saran wrap.