Lunch making has been an ongoing struggle for me since my kids started school. I look forward to our school’s ‘fun lunches’ like a kid looks forward to Christmas morning; they get a great lunch and I get a break!
And I will do just about anything to get out of making lunches. But since that isn’t always possible, I’ve had to come up with a few recipes that are healthy, easy and that my kids will actually like. This Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap is one of those recipes. It’s an easy lunch that will take you 5 minutes to throw together. It’s really nothing earth shattering or fancy, but it’s tasty!
Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap
My kids aren’t crazy about cold sandwiches and I can’t blame them because neither am I. But wraps, now that’s a different story… They LOVE these Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps! And I love this recipe because it’s one of those make ahead the night before OR wake up and need to make lunches in a hurry. It’s a perfect ready to eat packed lunch idea for kids.
Tortilla Wrap Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I often find myself not up for making lunch in the evening. Then I wake up in the morning and seriously regret that decision (while racing around, getting ready for work with very few minutes to spare). Fortunately, this tortilla wrap recipe is such a fast and easy lunch that you CAN make it in the morning. Either way, this tortilla wrap recipe makes a great lunch box meal for kids and adults alike. And if you’re wondering how to fold a wrap tortilla then watch this video: How to make tortilla wraps!
Healthy Turkey Wrap
Another great thing about this healthy turkey wrap is that you can use either leftover turkey or deli meat. I know I’m always in need of leftover turkey recipes that are quick, easy and delicious. Best of all, this wrap is easily transportable. You can also take it on the go for lunch, a picnic or road trip!
1) Use precooked bacon, if you aren’t already doing this. I buy the fully cooked Hormel brand from Costco. It takes 30 seconds to make and you can keep the package in the freezer and take out individual portions as needed. I know bacon is not the healthiest, but it’s soooo good and a little bacon never killed anyone. My kids are thrilled to get real bacon once in a while anyway. Plus, the other healthy stuff in this wrap totally compensates for it! But you could use turkey bacon instead, if you really wanted to. It’ll just take you longer to make, unless you have it prepared in advance.
2) Keep preshredded carrots on hand (you can buy them at most grocery stores- Calgary Co op for sure), if you are feeling extra lazy (like I often am) or know you’ll be making this wrap in the morning before school/work when you are already pressed for time.
And if you love leftover turkey sandwiches, then give my, Leftover Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini a try as well!
My Amazon Recommendations (affiliate links)
The 5 Minute Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap
- 4 roma tomato tortillas (large size)
- 8 cooked pieces of bacon (substitute bacon bits in a pinch) or use turkey bacon
- 300 grams of deli- sliced turkey or leftover turkey (or substitute chicken)
- 4 tsp light or regular ranch dressing
- ½ cup grated low-fat or regular sharp/old cheese
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce or spinach
- ½ cup grated carrot
- Spread 1 ½ tsp of ranch dressing over the center of each wrap.
- Add remaining ingredients, dividing between 4 wraps.
- Fold sides of each wrap in, then roll up. Watch video (in notes): How to roll a wrap
- Wrap in saran wrap.
The 5 Minute Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap
Amount Per Serving (1 wrap)
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Fat 12g18%Saturated Fat 3g19%Cholesterol 47mg16%Sodium 791mg34%Potassium 380mg11%Carbohydrates 40g13%Fiber 4g17%Sugar 3g3%Protein 26g52%
Vitamin A 7695IU154%Vitamin C 3.5mg4%Calcium 243mg24%Iron 4.7mg26% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
More Ready to Eat Lunches!
This recipe is part of The Country Cook’s Weekend Potluck!